Media Playback Issues - Resume/Seek

kendoman96

kendoman96

Problem Description:

If you attempt to resume media, the screen will turn black, no audio will play and the progress bar jumps to the beginning.

If you play from beginning there will be no issue until there is about 10% of the media left at which point the screen will turn black, no audio will play and the progress bar jumps to the beginning.

If you attempt to drag the progress bar forward to skip ahead the screen will turn black, no audio will play and the progress bar jumps to the beginning.

If you wait long enough on all of these a notice will pop up "no compatible streams available" or something along those lines. Go figure as soon as i try to get a screenshot it wont pop up.

Running arch 4.20.0 and emby 3.5.3.0-1. I can usually figure this stuff out but for some reason I think it might be an ffmpeg issue, ive no idea how to begin troubleshooting other than looking at logs. Attached are logs from one example of the event occurring. 

So far i have reinstalled emby, without removing it though because im trying not to lose configs and such, or user data. I think i might reinstall ffmpeg.

~~~

uname -r
4.20.0-arch1-1-ARCH
===========================================
sudo pacman -S emby-server
warning: emby-server-3.5.3.0-1 is up to date -- reinstalling
resolving dependencies...
looking for conflicting packages...

Packages (1) emby-server-3.5.3.0-1
~~~

Log.txt

Hi, you'll need to roll back your system ffmpeg build to 4.0.2. When our next stable release it out (very soon), this won't be an issue anymore because it will bundle our own ffmpeg build. Thanks.

kendoman96

Word thanks luke!!! ill try it out and let you know!

Edited by kendoman96

kendoman96

Hey Luke!!

You're the best man! I had to do the rollback to 4.0.2x in steps to avoid breaking dependencies but as far as i can tell the issue is no longer occurring. Thanks again man!

Added ffmpeg to the IgnorePkg  :P