DLNA not always showing

Ninko

Also have issue with Emby DLNA dying consistently every day and having exit and rerun Emby server to get DLNA working again.  This is the portable version of Emby 4.0.1.0 on Windows 10 Pro x64 IPv4 only that's been auto updated to 4.0.2.0.  No problem with Emby HTTP.

Edited by mi7chy

Also have issue with Emby DLNA dying consistently every day and having exit and rerun Emby server to get DLNA working again.  This is the portable version of Emby 4.0.1.0 on Windows 10 Pro x64 IPv4 only that's been auto updated to 4.0.2.0.  No problem with Emby HTTP.

Hi, what do you mean exactly?

Hi, what do you mean exactly?

Emby DLNA service dies consistently when checked every day trying to access from DLNA client like Kodi.  Someone mentioned IPv6 as a possible cause but I'm only running IPv4.  Restarting Emby from task bar icon most of the time doesn't resolve the issue and have to fully exit Emby and relaunch.  When this happens Emby app via HTTP still works so it's just Emby DLNA service that's affected.

You could try lowering the alive message interval in dlna settings. Currently it is every 30 minutes. You could try setting it to 10 or 5 minutes.

You could try lowering the alive message interval in dlna settings. Currently it is every 30 minutes. You could try setting it to 10 or 5 minutes.

Currently have it at 15 secs and it's still not as reliable as, for example, Windows 10 built-in DLNA support that worked 100% of the time before removing the service to try Ember or BubbleUPnP on mobile devices.  Will try an even lower interval like 5 secs.  Thanks.

No, I wouldn't do that, that will just spam messages over the network. Even what you have now is far too much. You may want to check windows firewall to make sure that udp traffic is allowed for the server. 

I am having similar issues, emby dlna server is not always showing. Sometimes it takes up to 30 secs to show up or so, sometimes never, sometimes nearly immediately. BubbleUPnP cannot event detect it at all.  Thanks

martincom

I am having similar issues, emby dlna server is not always showing. Sometimes it takes up to 30 secs to show up or so, sometimes never, sometimes nearly immediately. BubbleUPnP cannot event detect it at all.  Thanks

Your symptoms are identical to what I was experiencing.  Did you make the checks I set forth in post #25 of this thread?

• Like 1

Your symptoms are identical to what I was experiencing.  Did you make the checks I set forth in post #25 of this thread?

Thank you for the advice but I don't have a Roku player to test it on. Not sure why BubbleUPnP just cannot see it at all no matter what I do in the settings. 

martincom

Thank you for the advice but I don't have a Roku player to test it on. Not sure why BubbleUPnP just cannot see it at all no matter what I do in the settings. 

I'm not familiar with BubbleUPnP.  Is it a device or an application?   Regardless, I would think there would be some mechanism whereas you could determine what IP address(es) are being assigned to it and likewise with the PC hosting Emby.  If either device is being assigned both a IPv4 and a IPv6 address, disable the IPv6 functionality on both and see if the problem persists.

• Like 1

We are looking into improving this for the next release. Thanks.

It is on of the most popular DLNA players/server for android platform

I'm not familiar with BubbleUPnP.  Is it a device or an application?   Regardless, I would think there would be some mechanism whereas you could determine what IP address(es) are being assigned to it and likewise with the PC hosting Emby.  If either device is being assigned both a IPv4 and a IPv6 address, disable the IPv6 functionality on both and see if the problem persists.

Thank you, Luke

We are looking into improving this for the next release. Thanks.

• 4 weeks later...
mi7chy

Blasting alive messages interval at 5 sec interval is working so far but looking forward to update since, for example, BubbleUPnP doesn't require this option to work.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Ninko

Ever since the last update, DLNA seems even worse, it doesn't even show up on my phone anymore when it mainly use to!

Seeing as DLNA is meant to be a standard protocol, I don't understand why it's been so badly implemented into Emby?

Ever since the last update, DLNA seems even worse, it doesn't even show up on my phone anymore when it mainly use to!

Seeing as DLNA is meant to be a standard protocol, I don't understand why it's been so badly implemented into Emby?

It's meant to be a standard but is implemented differently on many devices, therefore it has to be tested individually on every device you want to support. Please attach the information requested in how to report a problem. thanks.