Custom Settings by Device

jaycapz

I searched but not sure if I am missing it due to how I am phrasing it.  So I have been using emby often to cast to other devices such as my Google Home Hub.  What I'd like to do is set some static settings by device, something that I can't see how to do today.  I would assume the auto transcoding and other settings would automatically care for some of this, but I do have some cases where i need to manually change things from the server to improve the stream.  Is this something that should be in new requests, or am I missing this in another thread somewhere?

Hi, we don't have per device settings on the server, but we do have per user if that helps. Thanks.

Hi, we don't have per device settings on the server, but we do have per user if that helps. Thanks.

Hi Luke. Yea, I'm aware of it on the client but it would be great if we had some defaults for favorite devices.  The other part of this is, how does it currently work with devices being casted to?  Does it just take on whatever the casting device is sending?  I guess that part makes sense.

For casting yes typically, although there is a dedicated chromecast quality setting that the casting apps have.