Support for Seagate NAS OS

rdennes

Having difficulty finding the install package for NAS OS. Found a release on Github, but it was labeled beta and two years old. Have read several threads stating a Linux package may work but nothing definitive. Any advise would be great. I'm trying to stay away from Plex but it comes preloaded on the NAS and my only current option.

Edited by rdennes

Model is 4-bay with firmware 4.3.19.6

Not sure what docker is.  In the app dependencies it lists: Buildroot, Debian Wheezy LAMP, Ubuntu Trusty Tahr, and Unicorn API library.

I saw another post referencing most of these libraries in building a RBW package but didn't seem all that friendly.

Ok, we don't currently have a package for this right now. We most likely will support Seagate in the future, but when we do we'll likely start with 64-bit models. Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm sorry, but from a troubleshooting standpoint, what is the point of asking model and year if you already know that you don't have any support for Seagate?  Am I missing something there?  I'm not trying to be confrontational, I'm just looking for answers.  It seems that someone else went down this path several years ago so I figured it may have been addressed by this point.

Because I want to find out the CPU architecture. That will tell me if we can compile the .NET Core runtime or not for your device.

JaScoMa

@@rdennes - I too have a Seagate NAS (model n090103) and stopped using the Plex which came with the NAS quite a while ago.

I ended up getting a Raspberry Pi (first a model 3 now a model 3b+) and originally configured Plex to run on this.  Probably about month ago, I switched over to Emby and don't see myself going back to Plex.  For about $50-$70, you can get a Canakit Pi kit which contains everything you need to get started; case, power supply and then I also purchased a 32gb Class 10 SD card (they're cheap now; a few dollars).

Since I already encode my movies prior to making them available within Emby, there aren't any encoding issue and the movies play just fine; use DTS HD 7.1 passthrough when encoding too.

If you're interested in going this route, I used this guide as a means to configure Emby on the Pi.  It uses DietPI as the OS and during the setup, it allows you to install Emby as a package (and all its dependencies) and then from there, you can download the latest Debian package off of the Emby website and perform the update.

The only issue I had was the automatic configuration of the network drive from within DietPI.  Manually configuring the fstab entry allowed me to connect to the NAS without any issues.

Hope this helps..