Playback Error

zsurfaraz

zsurfaraz

I am having issues with emby stating the following on random movie files;

Playback Error

No compatible streams are currently available. Please try again later or contact your system administrator

I have checked the logs and can the following in the logs;

2019-01-10 23:33:41.849 Info App: Profile: Unknown Profile, Path: /home/movies/xxx/xxx.avi, isEligibleForDirectPlay: True, isEligibleForDirectStream: True

I have checked the file location and it exists. I have played the file through network share on windows media player and it works. Can you help please

Ok, we're about to have a new release. I would suggest re-evaluating with that once available. thanks !

zsurfaraz

I have upgraded and can confirm I can now playback movies. however my collections no longer show in movies. They just show as individual titles and if I go into collections they are present under the respective collection. 

zsurfaraz

thank you. this is now resolved. Is there any way to implement this for all users from super user or needs to be done per user basis?

No, but we realize we need to allow you to do that. It's something we  can look at in the future. thanks.

I've gone back to 3.6.0.81 until this gets fixed.

Please attach the emby server log as well. Thanks.

mcaphasia

Maybe this was fixed in 4.1.0.0? Updated to get a log for you and now it's working ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ It might have been related to my upgrade process; I had been using the dietpi optimized version, and updating that with newer versions I manually installed. The server was crashing A LOT, and I've since purged the whole thing and started over. But going back to 3.6.0.81 and now upgrading to 4.1.0.0 it works amazing. 

Thanks anyway, I appreciate all your hard work!