Resuming between clients?

swindmiller

swindmiller

Sorry if this was discussed...I did some searching.

Can you resume between clients? For example, I was watching Iron Man (got half way thru), stopped it and wanted to resume watching thru the website. It did not have the resume option and started playing from the beginning. I went back to the MBC client I was watching from and it resumed.

It appears I can resume from the MBC client and the website but only if I originated playing from that same client I want to resume from.

Just curious if this is how it works or if I am doing something wrong.

Thanks,

Scott

You can resume between clients. What probably happened is one of the failed to record your position when you stopped. Next time it happens, post your server log and we'll see if we can figure it out.

swindmiller

Thanks. I just played Man of Steel for a little over 5 minutes on my HTPC running MBC. I stopped it and saw the resume option there. I went to the web client and did not have the resume option...it played from the beginning.

Here is my log (had to zip it, was too big)....thanks for looking.

server-63534080700.zip

swindmiller

I should also mention that I use Media Center Master for all of the Metadata. I have all the options turned off in MB3. I haven't switched over to just using MB3 for fetching. However all of the metadata is shown in media browser (time, media info, etc)

I don't know if that matters.

swindmiller

I thought maybe it had something to do with my metadata or the way I had it setup. Thanks for verifying my log looks ok.

Anything I can try?

• 2 months later...
swindmiller

*SIGH*, I figured it out :(

It only carries over per user. That makes perfect sense but just did not click with me. I have different accounts setup for showing only certain videos and one main account to show everything. My mistake :D

Thanks for everyone who tried to help...sorry if I wasted your time.

swindmiller

Sorry to rehash this but I am still having the same problem...even after multiple server updates, so it must be something with my Metadata or something else in my setup. To sum up....I can resume fine from within MBC installed on several Media Center pc's throughout the house, starting on one PC and picking it up on another and I can also resume from the website. What I cannot do it start something on my PC thru MBC and resume it thru the website, I never get the option yet I have the option from within MBC. I checked my logs and even posted them earlier but don't really know what to look for. What I did notice was when I start a movie thru MBC (Direct Play) it does not show up in the log, I assume that is ok.

Is there a file or something stored showing where the video should resume from? Maybe a permissions issue?

Thanks! I would love to get this working.

Scott

Koleckai Silvestri

Some clients are supposed to have "also here" functionality and you can tag multiple users. Not sure which ones support it yet.

Edited by Wayne Luke

ab123ga

Have you checked the percentage watched to be resumable? I changed my value to 1% and that makes most movies resumable. I just tested on a "charlie brown" cartoon that is 1440 seconds long. 1% is 14 seconds. I started in android. It was resumable via MBC, the web, and even back on android.

swindmiller

Some clients are supposed to have "also here" functionality and you can tag multiple users. Not sure which ones support it yet.

Sorry I don't understand the "almost there" feature...is there somewhere that I can read about it?

Thanks,

Scott

BATTLE DONKEY

Sorry I don't understand the "almost there" feature...is there somewhere that I can read about it?

Thanks,

Scott

"Also here" is for some clients like MediaBrowser Classic. If u click on the user icon it allows u to specify other users who are "also there" with u watching the movie so the resume and watched status will carry over to their user accounts also

swindmiller

I never noticed that option before. Is there a way to make that option stick? It seems to only stay checked for that session.

Thanks,

Scott