Episodes showing only number, not name

paulmorabi

paulmorabi

I installed the latest Emby beta package on my new QNAP NAS (TS453Be). I also installed the latest Emby plugin from the Beta repository on Kodi 17.6 on an NVIDIA Shield TV.

The problem is, when doing an initial sync, the TV episodes never display the actual episode name. Instead, I see only what looks like an ID number. I also briefly see a "Scaning media information" dialog when opening a series or recent episodes view. Movies and Music are completely fine.

I've tried syncing three times now with the same result. Any help would be very appreciated!

Siutsch

Similar problem here (I think).

Emby Server 3.5.3.0 / Windows 10
Kodi 18 rc4 / Windows 10 with Aeon Nox SiLVO skin 6.1.7

Emby addon 3.1.36a

If I use the Widgets to open a series, then all episodes only have numbers, (always since I use Kodi 18, I mean).

When I open the context menu from an episode and use "edit title" then the title has the correct name.

This only happens when I open the series from the widget.

If I use the menu entry for series, then everything is OK.

Could be a skin problem, if so, then I should ask SiLVO for this ...

Edited by Siutsch

Angelblue05

Sounds like the active window is music type rather than video. At least, that’s what used to cause this labeling issue.

sualfred

Please note that custom items of the skin shortcuts script can lead into the wrong window. Please check the assigned action and replace "ActivateWindow(music,....)" with "ActivateWindow(videos,....)" if this is the case. The script has an old and kown bug in the content type detection.

Edit:

You can always check my Embuary skin if the problem exist there, too. If not you can be sure that it's not Emby that is causing the problem.

Edited by sualfred
  • Like 1

Siutsch

I checked that within the Aeon Nox SiLVO settings for the menu entrys.

For series I have a custom action with "ActivateWindow(Videos, ...), so like I wrote, If I use the menu entry for series, then everything is OK.

For widgets you can't change someting like that (afaik).

I use: Add-On > Video Add-On > Emby > Serien > Kürzlich hinzugefügte Serien

If I use: Serien > Recently added TV shows  (which comes from "skin helper service" I think), then it jumps to the series view,

which is opened via the menu but with focus on the selected series.

But that's OK, I'll leave that this way.

Many thanks for the "active window" tip, you don't stop learning! :)

paulmorabi
Thanks to everyone who has replied. In my case, I was using Arctic Zephyr and it showing ActivateWindow(music...) instead of videos. 

Once I switched to Embuary skin, everything is OK again. It's a fantastic skin @@sualfred! Thank you for your efforts with it.  

Out of interest, is there any way to change the ActivateWindow setting to Videos, just in case I hit the same issue in future?

sualfred

Thanks.

Depends on the skinshortcuts script integration. If the skin allows the modification of the configured onclick action you simply can change the target param from music to videos and everything is fine.

• Like 1