Deleting recordings

lebowski

lebowski

I did a search for this but could not find if anyone else had this issue or could replicated it.

If I delete a recording via the Live TV > "Recordings" Menu. The recording does not remove it self from the main menu "Recordings" library, it deletes the file but leaves the folders behind.

I have to delete it from the main menu "Recordings" section to remove the entry / delete the folders. I can replicate this.

However if I just delete from the "Recordings" main menu library it's then completely removed.

notla49285

I've seen this too in 4.0 beta, Emby could do with checking if there are any other episodes/seasons and delete the highest level it can where there are empty folders e.g. if there are no more episodes in the current series but there are in another series, then just delete this series, if there is nothing else left for the whole show, then delete the show folder. Leaving empty folders behind I've found has been confusing for users.

The delete function is not working as it should I have been asking to be fixed for over a year and still nothing it’s like no one deletes anything from Emby Theatre to find out how bad it is it goes all over the place.

I started a similar thread today before noticing this topic.  If I delete a recording in my library the file is deleted but the folder with .nfo file in it remains.  I deleted the folder and .nfo file and did a library update and the recording is removed that way also.

Edited by Dilbert

notla49285

I started a similar thread today before noticing this topic. If I delete a recording in my library the file is deleted but the folder with .nfo file in it remains. I deleted the folder and .nfo file and did a library update and the recording is removed that way also.

You can delete the whole series or the whole program via the Emby UI (whichever device you're using), it's just that users tend to delete an individual episode and expect Emby to take care of the rest.

You can delete the whole series or the whole program via the Emby UI (whichever device you're using), it's just that users tend to delete an individual episode and expect Emby to take care of the rest.

Thanks, I found where I could delete it from higher up in the UI and the shows are not listed now.  Since Emby automatically put the shows into season folders I expected the show to disappear when the season folder was completely empty.

Since Emby automatically put the shows into season folders I expected the show to disappear when the season folder was completely empty.

Yes this is something that we need to improve, thanks.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I am a recent convert to native emby recordings (still streaming from TVR however) so I am getting used to the 'nuances' in emby Live TV.  There are four places to get the recordings from on my system (recordings button, LiveTV (then recordings tab), the line that says 'Latest Recordings' and at the botton another method to get to LiveTV, The show delete (i.e after it was watched) should be the same action from each but it is not.

As I am on unraid, I have a scheduled job that runs peridically (when nothing recording) to delete any 'dangling' folders in my emby recordings (I found the command online) :

find /mnt/user/Media/EmbyRecordings -mindepth 1 -maxdepth 1 -type d -exec du -ks {} + | awk '$1 <= 500' | cut -f 2- | xargs -d \\n rm -rf

just make sure it works before hand with this below that produces the list but does not have the delete :

find /mnt/user/Media/EmbyRecordings -mindepth 1 -maxdepth 1 -type d -exec du -ks {} + | awk '$1 <= 500' | cut -f 2-