What does a number in the upper left of a poster mean

Gilgamesh_48
Go to solution Solved by Happy2Play,

Gilgamesh_48

I meant LEFT in the title.

I have a few posters with a number in a blue circle in the upper left. I cannot seem to find anything "special" about the movie and when I go to play it it simply plays.

The number does not seem to impact anything but I just wonder what it means.

I have attached a screenshot showing what I am talking about.

post-21200-0-77472100-1546995176_thumb.png

Edited by Gilgamesh_48

Gilgamesh_48

The number of episodes in a series you haven't watched yet.

I mis-typed initially. I meant left.

Also it is a movie so "episodes" do not apply.

Edited by Gilgamesh_48

• Solution
Happy2Play

I meant LEFT in the title.

I have a few posters with a number in a blue circle in the upper left. I cannot seem to find anything "special" about the movie and when I go to play it it simply plays.

The number does not seem to impact anything but I just wonder what it means.

I have attached a screenshot showing what I am talking about.

It is multi-versions, so you have 3 versions of that movie or at least the server thinks so..  You would have to show the content of that folder if that is not the case.

Note it is removed in the upcoming release.

• Like 1

Gilgamesh_48

It is multi-versions, so you have 3 versions of that movie or at least the server thinks so..  You would have to show the content of that folder if that is not the case.

Note it is removed in the upcoming release.

I do NOT have multiple versions of any movie and I am never offered any options when I play a movie. It just plays.

Happy2Play

I do NOT have multiple versions of any movie and I am never offered any options when I play a movie. It just plays.

Then it may be the naming convention of the content in that folder as " - " naming creates multi-versioning content.

arrbee99

Sorry. Thought it was a bit weird in with movies, so I googled Red Riding and saw Trilogy and unfortunately I assumed...

Gilgamesh_48

Then it may be the naming convention of the content in that folder as " - " naming creates multi-versioning content.

OK. I understand. I do have a few movies with a dash in the name but, since it is to be removed soon and does not affect anything I guess I will leave them as they are. 

I guess "perfect" naming for Plex does not equal "perfect" naming for Emby but it does not matter as the match is correct.

Happy2Play

I thought that movie name looked familiar.

Discussion here

Since they are currently showing as multi version you just have to remember to use the version drop-down to watch each movie.

OK. I understand. I do have a few movies with a dash in the name but, since it is to be removed soon and does not affect anything I guess I will leave them as they are. 

I guess "perfect" naming for Plex does not equal "perfect" naming for Emby but it does not matter as the match is correct.

Well they are all on one folder and not individual folders, correct?

Or are they just getting mis-dentified same providerid will do some more research.

Edited by Happy2Play

Gilgamesh_48

I thought that movie name looked familiar.

Discussion here

Since they are currently showing as multi version you just have to remember to use the version drop-down to watch each movie.

Well they are all on one folder and not individual folders, correct?

Or are they just getting mis-dentified same providerid will do some more research.

All my movies starting with "R" are in my "R" folder. I only have one "Red Riding" movie.

At no place in the metadata or in any other info about that movie is more than one movie listed or referred to.

But, like I said, this seems to affect nothing so I am content.

Happy2Play

All my movies starting with "R" are in my "R" folder. I only have one "Red Riding" movie.

At no place in the metadata or in any other info about that movie is more than one movie listed or referred to.

But, like I said, this seems to affect nothing so I am content.

Okay but when you open that item, does it not show the versions at the bottom in Media Info?  Multi version only creates one nfo (metadata).

Edited by Happy2Play

Gilgamesh_48

Okay but when you open that item, does it not show the versions at the bottom in Media Info?

No.

Gilgamesh_48

Can you show a screenshot of the bottom of the detail screen for that item? thanks !

I thank you for all the help and info pertaining to this but I do not really think it is important enough to continue working with. It does not seem to have any impact on my ability to play my media and does not really worry me now that I understand what is happening.

I used a global renamer to find all movie files with dashes and remove said dashes (it found only five out of my  aprox 3000 movies) and I then re-scanned my movies and checked the matches on those five and everything was found and matched correctly and now there are no numbers in the upper left.

I am content with the outcome but, clearly, the numbers are gone so I guess a screenshot of the metadata for any of them would now contain no useful info at all.

Again, thanks for the help.