Stuttering and artifacts on live or recorded TV

calbaby

calbaby

I'm trying to migrate my DVR from SageTV over to Emby.  However, I'm getting stuttering, visual artifacts, and random stops on my recordings and live viewing.  I have no problems watching recordings that were made through SageTV or Plex through Emby.  I have this problem whether I'm using my HDHomeRun OTA or Prime devices.  I'm running Emby through a virtual machine and I've assigned it 8 cores with 16GB RAM.  Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Calvin

Hi.  You are playing this in a browser?

It looks like there should have been an ffmpeg log from that playback too.  Can you please attach that?

calbaby

It exhibits that however, the same thing occurs whether it is OTA or through cablecard.  The same OTA and cablecard records fine in SageTV and Plex.

It can be clearly seen both from the log as well as by playing back the .ts file: This is problem with the tv signal and I'm sure that other products - can't do much better, given the exact same setup, channel and point in time.

There exist differences between products in the way they are handling and auto-correcting under bad-signal conditions. But that only changes the way of presentation (one app may go black, another one may try to extrapolate some motion vectors) - no single app can turn that magically into a smooth playback experience.

I can't look into your place, this can have hundreds of causes - maybe your neighbor has switched on his hairdryer...  :)

Long story short: it's highly unlikely that this is a problem at the side of Emby.