Artist images not fetched from AudioDB if AudioDB ID added manually

gweb

Version: Emby 3.6 on Windows

After a clean install, some artists in my music library don't have an artist image. I noticed that those artists lacked an AudioDB ID (MusizBrainz was ok) so I added the AudioDB ID using the "edit metadata" function. After that, I ran "Refresh metadata" but the artist image still doesn't appear. I tried different way of refreshing (replacing all or look for missing, with or without replacing existing images, etc...) but nothing works. I also verified that those artists have an image on AudioDB, and that the AudioDB image fetcher is indeed selected in the library config. I tried restarting the server and doing a complete library scan too but it didn't change anything.

Any suggestions on how to fix this? And why is Emby able to link MusicBrainz but not AudioDB automatically for those artists even though the artist name is the same on both?

Thanks in advance!

Happy2Play

I don't see any requests for this artist in the log all I see is the media being processed.

I added a track tagged with Artist and Album and return Artist image. (\Music\Adrian Orange & Her Band\Adrian Orange & Her Band\track 1.mp3)

2019-01-08 15:46:53.715 Debug App: Running MusicBrainzArtistProvider for Adrian Orange & Her Band
2019-01-08 15:46:53.718 Debug App: Running AudioDbArtistProvider for Adrian Orange & Her Band
Edited by Happy2Play

Hi, the answer is that everything on audiodb is actually based on musicbrainz id's, so that's what you would need to enter. We don't actually do much with the audiodb id, other than display links on the detail screen.

But as I said in my original post, the musicbrainz id is already filled in by the system when the library is created, only the AudioDB id is missing. Also, I checked the musicbrainz id that is filled by the system and it's correct.