Existing NFO/JPG files - Scan for new media

JaScoMa

JaScoMa

Hello..

Just was curious how the NFO files are used by Emby when scanning media.

I was doing some testing and my media already had existing NFO files from a previous test install.

When I re-installed the media locations, it took sometime for them to complete.  Just curious if / how the NFO files are used when they're already there and new media is added.

Thank you..

Hi, metadata from nfo files is read and gets priority over internet metadata. We still attempt to use internet metadata to fill in missing information. Please let us know if this helps. Thanks !

JaScoMa

When I added the media to the library, the NFOs were created.  If I were to edit the metadata (titles, etc.), do the NFO's also get updated automatically when I update the record, or is there something else I need to do to ensure the NFOs are updated as well?

Thanks..

Happy2Play

When I added the media to the library, the NFOs were created.  If I were to edit the metadata (titles, etc.), do the NFO's also get updated automatically when I update the record, or is there something else I need to do to ensure the NFOs are updated as well?

Thanks..

Do you mean using "edit metadata" in Emby?  If so yes assuming Emby has write permissions.

JaScoMa

Do you mean using "edit metadata" in Emby?  If so yes assuming Emby has write permissions.

No, when you scan in a new a media folder (and configured as such), the NFO files are created and sometimes I need to change the metadata from what is downloaded from the internet.

For e.g., I have Seinfeld episodes which were originally two episodes, but the box set combined the two into one.  So when the media is scanned in, the Title will say something such-as "The Wallet (1)".  I'll editthe title and remove the "(1)" portion.

When I click on save to update the record, does the NFO file get udpated then, or do I need to scan the library for changes for the NFO files to be updated?

Thank you..

Happy2Play

I assume you are editing the Title in Emby, then yes when you hit save in the ui it rewrites/update the nfo file.

I assume you are editing the Title in Emby, then yes when you hit save in the ui it rewrites/update the nfo file.

Assuming you have the option to save to NFO enabled as well (which it sounds like you do).