\Arrival
            \Trailers
                Arrival-trailer.m4v
            Arrival.mkv
            backdrop.jpg
            folder.jpg
            logo.png
            movie.xml                  

"Archive Movies" has been added as a "mixed content" library (otherwise all the movies roll-up and get displayed flat losing the folder structure).

This used to display reasonably well - when entering the movie archive I'd see my subfolders (Animation, Anime, Classics, etc.) and then when entering a sub folder I'd see all the individual movies (just like a normal movie library).

Now, any movie which contains a "Trailers" folder (like Arrival above) shows with a folder icon in the corner:

(Ant-Man and Arrival each have a trailer and Argo does not)

8L8aSPo.png

When entering into a no-trailer movie (like Argo above) then I see the movie details page as usual, but entering into one with a trailer I get this:

tzXNMH2.png

And I have to go another level deep to get to the movie details page.

A very annoying side-effect of this is that wherever you normally see the folder image for Arrival (like when looking at a list of movies for Amy Adams) you see the generated movie thumbnail instead of the poster:

NdkXEc9.png

(Those with proper posters don't have trailers, those with the crappy thumbnails do).

It appears that previously I could have used the metadata manager to set the content type of these subfolders - but that feature has been removed.

I'd prefer not to add all these folders (Animation, Anime, Classics, etc) as separate libraries as I'd end up with far too many - so what are my options?

Edited by AdrianW

Happy2Play

@@Happy2Play are you seeing this?

Sort of, I am pretty sure this behavior war reported earlier.  When you have a trailer in \trailers you get the folder icon requiring the addition folder click.  I believe it was the same topic were extras do not show up in Mix content either.  As for the poster image I got a thumb until the scan finished and then it present a poster, as I just added this test case again.

I have a movie in Mixed content with a extras folder and the extra does not display at all.

Here is the topic I was thinking of.

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/64283-mixed-content-trailers-problem/?p=640538

Edited by Happy2Play

AdrianW

So, it is the same as the issue detailed towards the end of that thread.

And I found the same as @@josavvyy - if there's two items in the trailers folder then it works correctly.

i.e. The movie no longer displays the folder icon in the corner and it only takes one click to get to the details page (and there's a trailer button showing next to play).

So, it looks like something is not detecting the trailers folder correctly - perhaps it looking for more than one video instead of more than zero videos inside.

After adding an additional trailer to Arrival/Trailers (I just copied the existing one):

amwJAah.png

then a single click gets here:

rXfBmBE.png

Please fix it so this works the same when there's only one video in the trailers folder.

AdrianW

Any chance that this will get fixed? 

It's definitely not working as designed at the moment.

Happy2Play

Luke is looking into these as there are quirks with /trailers and /extras in Mixed Content.

• Like 1

AdrianW

4.0.0.1 seems to have this fixed - although my scan is still going (it's so slow now).

The scan has been running for 2 hours so far and appears to be extracting thumbnails for some reason.

(Here's the log).

Edited by AdrianW

Happy2Play

4.0.0.1 seems to have this fixed - although my scan is still going (it's so slow now).

The scan has been running for 2 hours so far and appears to be extracting thumbnails for some reason.

(Here's the log).

Was this a stable to beta upgrade, as you have 335 items removed to be re-added/re-indexed?

AdrianW

Was this a stable to beta upgrade, as you have 335 items removed to be re-added/re-indexed?

No, I've been on beta for ages. It did upgrade to 4.0.0.0 yesterday and than to 4.0.0.1 today.

AdrianW

I had a quick scan down those deleted items - and they're the ones that have a "trailers" folder inside.