Refresh Guide Stops Playback and Removes All Live TV

notla49285

notla49285

I've just been watching a TV channel on the Android app (though that's not relevant to this case) and it started buffering like crazy, then the audio was knocked out of sync. I came out of it, went back to the home screen to reopen Live TV and there are no facilities on the main menu (usually have shortcuts to Guide, Schedule, etc, then a On Now underneath that), and when I select Live TV from the library list then visit guide, it is completely blank. Wondering what the hell is going on, I checked my server dashboard to find it has started refreshing the channel list.

Isn't there a way to prevent the channel list being updated if a user is currently streaming or recording something? I don't know when and how often this this gets updated, I appreciate it needs to be done often-ish to keep up to date, but this is going to become very aggravating very quickly if what users are watching/recording randomly cuts out because the server's decided to start a refresh.

Edit: I stopped the refresh and everything is still gone, I can't watch or record ANY live TV  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:

Edited by notla49285

notla49285

Hi Luke, I'll try and do that but it's not so much that it knocked everything out, I'd expect that if it was remapping channels. It's the fact that it did it whilst I was streaming. I have it back at the moment, I stopped all streaming and manually started the update again, once it completed everything was back to normal.