Live TV Playback Skipping After a Couple of Hours

Sammy

Sammy

Watching the Golden Globes last night and towards the end, about 2 hours in, playback started skipping and had several audio glitches. Also noticed odd text strings for Closed Captions around the same time, sometimes simultaneous, other times not.

AndroidTV Logs sent via app just now. User Name TVTime

Server 3.5.3

AndroidTV 1.6.72g beta

Logs:

Emby Server Log 20190106.txt

ffmpeg log 20190106.txt

Edited by Sammy

Sammy

I see some what look like source related messages in the ffmpeg log in that timeframe.

@@softworkz

Excusing my ignorance, what do you mean by, "source related messages"?

Would this mean to say that if I were using the HDHR app instead of Emby I would have still had playback issues?

Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

There is a lot of activity in your server log and perhaps it's just too much for your system to handle. Try reducing the amount of installed plugins you have, and check the schedules of the guide refresh and library scans to make sure they're not running during your peak hours. thanks.

• Like 1

Sammy

There is a lot of activity in your server log and perhaps it's just too much for your system to handle. Try reducing the amount of installed plugins you have, and check the schedules of the guide refresh and library scans to make sure they're not running during your peak hours. thanks.

I'll check my schedule. Any particular plugins to remove?

I see some what look like source related messages in the ffmpeg log in that timeframe.

@@softworkz

This means that there are errors in the source stream (mpeg2video).

Those are most likely caused by reception problems (bad antenna signal).

A high server load could have a similar effect, but in this case it would cause stutter and delay but without stream errors.

@Luke: I'm assuming Emby Server is just transparently re-streaming the HDHR stream to ffmpeg. Since both streams (HDHR>EMBY, EMBY>FFMPEG) are tcp streams, there's no way for the stream to become damaged on this way. That's why the signal must already have come out of the HDHR with those 'glitches'.

• Like 1

I'll check my schedule. Any particular plugins to remove?

I don't want to take away your features but anything you don't need.