Photo

Emby exiting on roku player with certain episodes

Best Answer all4dom , 07 January 2019 - 10:07 AM

It's fixed. I reencoded the files that were causing a problem & the other issue was because of the browser.once I logged into emby through chrome the lical host box was gone. Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 all4dom OFFLINE  

all4dom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 470 posts
  • Local time: 04:55 PM
  • LocationNY/NJ

Posted 06 January 2019 - 06:08 PM

Emby is exiting out when I select certain episodes to play. When playing 2 episodes it just drops out, does not even load the episode. Yesterday I had to wipe out my system & reinstall everything including emby & what I did was delete & reinstall emby on all devices that the server streams to.The player is a roku premier.. Just a side not, I am having problems with playon to, but I have been in touch with snazzy. Before redoing my system, I did not have any issues with emby at all playing. Other thing I would like to add is sometimes emby would just exit while playing on the roku player. My server build is win 10 pro & an I5 & its just used really for emby. I did leave the debugging turned on this morning when snazzy was helping me but I don't think that was the problem Thanks.

Attached Files

#2 all4dom OFFLINE  

all4dom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 470 posts
  • LocationNY/NJ

Posted 06 January 2019 - 06:25 PM

Both episodes play on the server fine but they dont even play on the firestick. Again before wiping out my pc everything played fine with no issues.

#3 speechles OFFLINE  

speechles

Advanced Member

• App Developer
  • 3972 posts
  • Local time: 02:55 PM

Posted 06 January 2019 - 09:11 PM

Can you try with the Emby Beta app on your Roku? Does this have the same issue?

Edited by speechles, 06 January 2019 - 09:11 PM.

#4 all4dom OFFLINE  

all4dom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 470 posts
  • LocationNY/NJ

Posted 06 January 2019 - 10:02 PM

I was testing some more & it does not even play in emby server. I can play the file if I click on it but not in the server. Only different thing was I had installed the collections plug in but I uninstalled that. Funny thing is everything was fine b4 I wiped out my pc. If no one responds by tomorrow I guess I will have to delete emby & reinstall it.

#5 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 124437 posts
  • Local time: 05:55 PM

Posted 06 January 2019 - 10:05 PM

Best thing to do is provide the information requested in how to report a media playback issue. thanks.

#6 all4dom OFFLINE  

all4dom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 470 posts
  • LocationNY/NJ

Posted 06 January 2019 - 10:15 PM

Luke I provided the logs in my first post & I'm wrong, it's not a roku issue it's a server issue. The episodes play back if I click on the file directly but they dont play if I play it through the emby server itself. Before I wiped my pc emby was 100% good. I'm not sure what else I can provide.

#7 all4dom OFFLINE  

all4dom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 470 posts
  • LocationNY/NJ

Posted 06 January 2019 - 10:17 PM

Ok I need to send the roku file. I'll do that now.

#8 Happy2Play OFFLINE  

Happy2Play

Trial and Error

• Moderators
  • 13844 posts
  • Local time: 02:55 PM
  • LocationWashington State

Posted 06 January 2019 - 10:18 PM

I think we need to look at a specific example as in post 2 you say "Both episodes play on the server fine" but in post 4 "I was testing some more & it does not even play in emby server".

Does the media show media info in the web client? Have you tested with HWA disabled?

#9 all4dom OFFLINE  

all4dom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 470 posts
  • LocationNY/NJ

Posted 06 January 2019 - 10:25 PM

Ok luke. I just sent the error lig from my firestick. It would just spin, and tell me playback error & on the third try it said 2 many errors. Its yo gabba gabba, season 3 episode 13.

#10 all4dom OFFLINE  

all4dom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 470 posts
  • LocationNY/NJ

Posted 06 January 2019 - 10:27 PM

I'm gonna go downstairs & post a new server log after I try to play the episode on that & I already know it's not gonna work because I tried it before & it didnt.

#11 all4dom OFFLINE  

all4dom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 470 posts
  • LocationNY/NJ

Posted 07 January 2019 - 08:20 AM

I just reinstalled emby, I didnt add any plug ins or make any changes & I only added the children's tv folder. Please cross your fingers.

#12 all4dom OFFLINE  

all4dom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 470 posts
  • LocationNY/NJ

Posted 07 January 2019 - 08:54 AM

ok no good. same problem with certain episodes. Im trying through the server & no good. I noticed a new problem. Where ever the currsor goes a small box with the web information appears on the screen.

Attached Files

#13 all4dom OFFLINE  

all4dom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 470 posts
  • LocationNY/NJ

Posted 07 January 2019 - 09:06 AM

Happy when I posted that I didnt try it through the server. It only plays if I click on the file in the drive, not through emby server.

#14 all4dom OFFLINE  

all4dom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 470 posts
  • LocationNY/NJ

Posted 07 January 2019 - 09:10 AM

I reinstalled emby & I'm still getting the little box with local host info where ever the mouse pointer is over.

#15 all4dom OFFLINE  

all4dom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 470 posts
  • LocationNY/NJ

Posted 07 January 2019 - 09:23 AM

I downloaded the beta version & I still get the little box with the local host info appearing where ever the mouse cursor goes & when I try to play the episodes that I had an issue with I get an error of no compatible player is available.

#16 all4dom OFFLINE  

all4dom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 470 posts
  • LocationNY/NJ

Posted 07 January 2019 - 09:28 AM

Guys I need help. I need this thing working before gabby gets home from school.

#17 all4dom OFFLINE  

all4dom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 470 posts
  • LocationNY/NJ

Posted 07 January 2019 - 10:07 AM   Best Answer

It's fixed. I reencoded the files that were causing a problem & the other issue was because of the browser.once I logged into emby through chrome the lical host box was gone.
  • ebr likes this

#18 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 124437 posts

Posted 07 January 2019 - 12:33 PM

Thanks for the feedback.

#19 all4dom OFFLINE  

all4dom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 470 posts
  • LocationNY/NJ

Posted 07 January 2019 - 02:57 PM

I'm glad i was able to just get everything working. I curse microsoft... lol. Even though I was aggravated I will say everything is running much better & for some reason everything seems m pop re enhanced. I'm looking forward to the spring when I hope to get an antenna and run live tv through emby and say goodbye to directv now. Thank you Luke & everyone else.

#20 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 124437 posts

Posted 07 January 2019 - 03:00 PM

Thanks for the feedback.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users