Question about server de-interlacing

clollar

clollar

My server is suddenly transcoding for no reason that I can see.  I made some recent changes imcluding moving cache, metadata and transcoding folders.  I added a profile for my wife and recently went through a clean install of windows and emby server.  I am on Beta 3.6.0.84.  Thank you.

Edited by clollar

clollar

Ok log is attahced.  I think it might ONLY be 1080i channels.  Seeing as it's only CBS and NBC so far.  I'll double check.

CBers

I copied and pasted the log into notepad and attahced it. I have no "app data" folder. Looked in my C drive.

It may be a HIDDEN folder on your PC.

Make sure to check the SHOW HIDDEN FILES option.

• Like 1

Type  "%appdata%" (without the quotes) into an explorer window and look for the Emby server folder.

Yes both hd and sd are checked to de-interlace on the server.

Okay, so that is probably the reason that it is transcoding - to de-interlace this content.  If you don't want that, then un-check the option (I suggest just unchecking the HD one).

clollar

That seemed to fix it.  Thank you.  ANy reason why it would have worked before?  Or why that was turned on by default?  Am I missing anything by not having it checked?  Thanks guys, sorry I'm a newbie.

Or why that was turned on by default?  

That option is disabled by default.  You must have accidentally checked it.

• Like 1

The SD one is enabled by default because they typically look pretty bad if you don't do this.  But you can play with them and use whatever combination of the options works best for you.