Wrong Platform?????

EODCrafter

EODCrafter
$ dpkg -i ./emby-server-deb_3.6.0.84_arm64.deb 

dpkg: error processing archive ./emby-server-deb_3.6.0.84_arm64.deb (--install):

package architecture (arm64) does not match system (aarch64)

Errors were encountered while processing:

./emby-server-deb_3.6.0.84_arm64.deb

Just Playing around with this in Termux...........Not sure why the mis-match......

5c320741eefbf_Screenshotfrom201901060748

Edited by EODCrafter

EODCrafter

You're on an arm64 machine?

No Sir, aarch64.

package architecture (arm64) does not match system (aarch64)Termux

Termux is an Android terminal emulator and Linux environment app that works directly with no rooting or setup required. A minimal base system is installed automatically - additional packages are available using the APT package manager.

Edited by EODCrafter

EODCrafter

May have figured it out for Ubuntu...Will report back

apt-get install software-properties-common

EODCrafter

Thanks, please let us know how you get on.

Not sure whats missing from the Termux Linux OS, but Emby will not install. Exit Code 1, failed to load emby-server. This was just a experiment, no big deal.

Edited by EODCrafter

alucryd

I don't know what Termux is based on, but the official aarch64 architecture name for debian based distros is "arm64", not "aarch64". You can only produce "arm64" packages with Debian tools, maybe Termux has its own set of tools to generate such packages. In any case, it looks like Termux runs on android, we have android server packages available, maybe you could try that.

EODCrafter

I don't know what Termux is based on, but the official aarch64 architecture name for debian based distros is "arm64", not "aarch64". You can only produce "arm64" packages with Debian tools, maybe Termux has its own set of tools to generate such packages. In any case, it looks like Termux runs on android, we have android server packages available, maybe you could try that.

Well that would kinda by-pass the experiment...Thanks anyways, I know Emby runs fine in Android. (Termux can Emulate several different Linux Distros)

Edited by EODCrafter