emby google drive setup

ian78

hi

i just movied ver from lex to emby and i want to setup google drive so i can convert all my media to be layed from the cloud. I have Gogole Gsuite, i use google drive file stream for all my libraires. I tried to follow the below instructions for google drive but once you get to #6 the instructions don't match what you are seeing on the screen.

All i want is to convert my movies, store them in my same google drive so users will lay those files instead of the originals

2. Select a Project or create a new one
3. Click "Go to Credentials"
4. On the Add credentials screen, click client ID.
5. If you're asked to configure the consent screen, click "Configure Consent Screen".
6. On the consent screen, select your email address, enter product name "Emby", then submit.
7. On the Create Client Id screen, click Application Type Other, then click Create.
8. You'll be returned to the main screen, where your Client Id and Client Secret will be displayed. Copy these values.
9. In the left sidebar, click "Overview". Then under Google APIs, click Drive API and enable it.
10. Enter the Client Id and Client Secret values here, be sure to remove any spaces and click Save.
11. Add one or more google drive accounts using the form below.

Charlie117

I don't think those steps are accurate anymore relative to the Google API site. 

Were you able to create a new project? If so, simply go to the dashboard of the project and you should see a button called 'Enable APIs and Services' at the top. Click it and then on the page it opens look for a button called 'Google Drive API'. Click it and then it should take you to a page where you can enable the Google Drive API. Once enabled, click the blue 'Manage' button and it should take you to the Google Drive API overview. There, in the top right corner, there should be a button called 'CREATE CREDENTIALS'. Click that and it should open a new page where you simply fill it out like I have here:

Screenshot-2019-01-05-at-16-39-01.png

Then finally, click the blue button saying 'What credentials do I need?' and it should give you client id and client secret that you need.

Edited by Charlie117
  • Like 1

when i click on "what credentials do i need?" i get this message

Credentials

Add credentials to your project

Find out what kind of credentials you need
Calling Google Drive API from a UI-based platform
You already have credentials that are suitable for this purpose

Don't want to use this existing client ID? Create a new client ID

Other client 1
Client ID
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Creation date
Jan 5, 2019, 9:36:16 AM

then if i click on done i get "Failed to load" How do i see if its actually working or not?

I think it’s working but not sure how to verify. I started converting my media library but now I’m noticing in Emby that my movies are duplicated. I thought only one version would be displayed with multiple versions to direct play?

What version of Emby Server? The upcoming 3.6 release will have a lot of fixes related to google drive. Thanks.

What version of Emby Server? The upcoming 3.6 release will have a lot of fixes related to google drive. Thanks.

Version 3.5.3.0 just installed it yesterday