Live TV freezing

henryawagner

bla8291

I have since upgraded the GPU to a GTX 980 Ti, and reenabled hardware transcoding. I was not able to reproduce the issue. I was never having problems on any device except my Chromecasts.

9 hours ago, tayhutch said:

So you guys ever figure this out or nah? Have Emby server installed on a PC (i7, 16GB DDR4, GTX 1070) and the app on my Samsung 4k TV but Live TV freezes constantly on both of them. Doesn't happen with any other IPTV app I use nor TiviMate from my Firestick so it's def something with Emby. 

After viewing this thread and others, really seems to be no point in giving my logs. Everyone else that did got an "investigation" (aka run around) that never lead to anything so not going to waste my time. Just wanted everyone aware that Live TV via m3u links still doesn't work on Emby but hopefully it will in the future. Hopefully Plex will introduce the feature again who knows.

Hi,

Yes.  Normally these types of things are settings or hardware related which is why you see the thread die off as the problem was solved. Not every setting will be compatible on all systems which is why they are options that can be adjusted.

We would love to help you but that will require a bit of dialog to understand your specific situation and will require logs to look at.

Thanks

On 8/22/2020 at 12:28 AM, tayhutch said:

So you guys ever figure this out or nah? Have Emby server installed on a PC (i7, 16GB DDR4, GTX 1070) and the app on my Samsung 4k TV but Live TV freezes constantly on both of them. Doesn't happen with any other IPTV app I use nor TiviMate from my Firestick so it's def something with Emby. 

After viewing this thread and others, really seems to be no point in giving my logs. Everyone else that did got an "investigation" (aka run around) that never lead to anything so not going to waste my time. Just wanted everyone aware that Live TV via m3u links still doesn't work on Emby but hopefully it will in the future. Hopefully Plex will introduce the feature again who knows.

@tayhutch can we please look at an example? Please attach the information requested in how to report a media playback issue:

Thanks !

3 hours ago, tayhutch said:

I just need to be able to enable auto-looping for my m3u playlist. 

Hi @tayhutch we already handle re-connections internally. Let's please go over an example using what I requested above. Thanks.

tayhutch

It works fine in JellyFin, which allows me to use auto-looping. Every single thing that has an option for auto-looping (including JellyFin), if I turn it off, my stream does the same thing. If I turn it on, it works fine. However you're doing it internally isn't working.

Plus why not let us choose if we want auto looping or not? Just from a quick search of the forums you've already had your fair share of issues regarding removing the auto-loop feature. Why are you so hung up on keeping it that way? I really don't understand.  I appreciate the fact that you attempted to make the feature automatic, but it isn't working and hasnt' been for a number of users. Seems like it'd be easier for both of us just to have the option manually. 

8 hours ago, tayhutch said:

I just need to be able to enable auto-looping for my m3u playlist. 

@tayhutch - You hijacked this conversation. It is in no way related to m3u retry looping.

@Luke - could you split?

@tayhutch

If you take your URL and place it in VLC, you'll see it just works without having to check any box for autoloop. That is the goal we are trying to achieve, so I won't really apologize for trying to make the software better by going in this direction. Again if you can provide the requested information, we're happy to proceed and help troubleshoot.

• 1 year later...
eeeeeesy

this started happening to me with only small sd files about 30 minutes long like tv shows size. i am going to try out the suggestion to disable hardware accelleration on my emby server.

eeeeeesy

i think disabling hardware acceleration made it worse. so i re-enabled it and it wasnt fixed until i woke up the next morning somehow. 

eeeeeesy
Just now, eeeeeesy said:

i think disabling hardware acceleration made it worse. so i re-enabled it and it wasnt fixed until i woke up the next morning somehow. 

my server:

asus strix x570 motherboard

x5900 ryzen 9 cpu

rtx 3060 gpu

64gb rgb ram 3600

eeeeeesy
9 hours ago, Luke said:

Are you saying it was fixed when you woke up the next morning?

correct, it took a while for the settings to stick when i changed it back to hardware acceleration enabled. the buffering wasnt as bad but was still happening with small files. butt when i had hardware accelleration disabled the buffering was worse and was occurring with every file movie and show. switching back to hardware acceleration enabled i still had the issue with small files buffering for a split second every 30 seconds.

possibly the reason for hardware acceleration disabled causing issues might me because i have encoded all of the files in my custom channels as nvenc h.264 and have enabled nvenc encoder in diizquetv so that my graphics card is used rather than my cpu. so that might be where the conflicts started with hardware accelleration disabled in emby server. possibly i should switch dizquetv to libx264 encoder to use the cpu if i plan to disable hardware acceleration in emby. 

my setup is using dizquetv which only allows reading from plex libraries but also allows me to output an m3u and xmltv epg file for emby or xteve.

i suspect the problem with split second buffering of small files when hardware accelleration is enbled in emby and nvenc encoder enabled in dizquetv is an issue with the recent windows plex server updates so i have tried rolling back my plex server to Version 1.24.5.5173 last night before i went to bed. i woke up today and started testing and so far there is no split second buffering or studering or pausing with anything. 

i will keep testing all day and night by playing my custom channels and let you know if the fix actually was rolling back plex.

Edited by eeeeeesy

4 hours ago, eeeeeesy said:

i will keep testing all day and night by playing my custom channels and let you know if the fix actually was rolling back plex.

Just think how much better Emby would be if you flat out removed Plex.  :)

eeeeeesy
2 hours ago, cayars said:

Just think how much better Emby would be if you flat out removed Plex.  :)

yes i will be super happy the day the dizquetv dev switches dizquetv over to emby or add his own stand alone library folder. i talked to him and he plans to do it but he is too busy at the moment and he has also lost his motivation to work on dizquetv at the moment. but he said other people can feel free to make changes to the code on github and add that feature sooner rather than him doing it later.

What do you mean? If it's related to the Virtual TV you would want to post in that thread for help.