Multi-versions and Shared network folder problem

Mevlock

Mevlock

I've just noticed a problem I'm having with multi-versions.

For example:

Ant-Man and the Wasp (2018)

Ant-Man and the Wasp (2018) - Blu-Ray.1080p.Remux.mkv

Ant-Man and the Wasp (2018) - UHD.Blu-Ray.Atmos.4k.Remux.mkv

If I have folders setup like above only one version will play properly with path substitution directly from my network share.

If you look at the second screenshot below you'll see that only one of the versions is showing the correct substituted path. It's like this for every movie that has multiple versions, only one will utilise path substitution. I have the same problem with both the current stable and beta releases.

Perhaps I've misconfigured something but I've tried setting everything up from scratch with the same result.

Currently using the linux version of emby via docker.

post-188594-0-60410100-1546620166_thumb.jpg

post-188594-0-84028800-1546620167_thumb.jpg

Mevlock

Both the most recent stable (3.5.3.0) and the latest beta (3.6.0.83).

I've done a decent amount of testing today with both docker and even the windows versions, same problem across the board.

It's a reasonably important feature for me since I keep both UHD and standard Blu-ray versions on my server.

The multi-version feature is pretty neat but path substitution just doesn't work properly for multi-version movies right now, it will only work for one of the files in the folder (seemingly at random). The rest only play via direct streaming.

I can work around it right now but it'd be nice to see it working at some point.

Thanks for the help.

I'm not able to reproduce this on the beta. All versions have substitution applied. Thanks.

Mevlock

I'm not able to reproduce this on the beta. All versions have substitution applied. Thanks.

Ugh, I'm glad to see that it SHOULD be working.

I'll start over and get back to you.

Mevlock

I'm going to continue to try and get this working but I'm not having much luck.

If you look at my screenshot above (the second one) you can see the UHD version is showing the physical location of the file as it's path. The 1080p file however is correctly showing the path after substitution has been applied.

Am I right in saying that it should look like this instead:

\\dawn2\Films2\4k.Remux\Ant-Man and the Wasp (2018)\Ant-Man and the Wasp (2018) - Blu-Ray.1080p.Remux.mkv

\\dawn2\Films2\4k.Remux\Ant-Man and the Wasp (2018)\Ant-Man and the Wasp (2018) - UHD.Blu-Ray.Atmos.4k.Remux.mkv

?

I'm at a bit of a loss at the moment, as I tried settings this up from scratch via docker installs and windows installs (both latest beta) and I'm just getting the same results.

Versions are correctly grouped together, they show as the one movie, I can select each one from the drop down box in the web interface (and in other clients, Emby Theatre, Kodi etc), but only one file ever seems to have substitution applied.

I've even made sure by checking the playback stats in Emby theatre.

Below is an example from a windows server I just setup.

On my clients the copy will play directly since it can access the WILLOW machine the other will only stream.

Just scratching my head right now.

post-188594-0-00361900-1546635445_thumb.jpg

post-188594-0-73657700-1546635570_thumb.jpg

Mevlock

So I fired up sqlitebrowser and took a look at library.db.

For each extra file the field that I think is supposed to contain the correct ParentId is empty. Or at least only one has the correct Id.

Manually editing the missing fields by copying the value fixes the problem!

So... bug? Or missing code that needs to be added so multi-version works with path substitution?

I've no idea it's decades since I did any coding :) I'll let you think on it.