Downloaded files show for everyone regardless of restrictions to server content

Chyron

Chyron

Emby Server v3.5.3
Emby for Android v3.0.28

I don't know if this is the case for all clients/apps or just Android, because I only ever sync files to my phone, but I have found that downloaded files on my phone appear for every user regardless of whether a user had permissions to see the relevant unsynced content on the server.

That is, I have downloaded episodes of Lois and Clark to my phone. My daughter's account, when I log in as her, can see them listed on the home screen and can play them, even though that show does not appear in her TV Shows library.

Please fix this.

Edited by chyron8472

We don't currently pass down this information to the apps in relation to offline downloads. It's something we will review in a future update. thanks.

Chyron

Could there be a way to customize the Emby for Android home screen to hide the "My Downloads" section listed there on a per-user and/or per-device basis?

I would like her to be able to sync content to a device (that is, not disable syncing altogether on her account), but might at least like her to not see that section on my particular phone.

EDIT: I do notice that "My Downloads" is hidden altogether for a user if I disable syncing on their account. But that would affect all devices they access. 

Edited by chyron8472