Emby for Kodi on FireTV

alexpaton

alexpaton

Hi all

I'm not sure about other FireTV owners, but I have had issues with Emby for Kodi, largely caused by some of the options on FireTV which can't be modified.  I thought it might be worth having a thread for others to refer to.  I don't think I have any outstanding issues, because I have found workarounds for anything that has come up.

Mine is a FireTV box, and is about 3 years old, which is a bit slow for some things.  Everything was done over the network rather than Emby Connect.

Issue 1

The Christmas snow made everything too slow, and importing libraries kept crashing.  Turning off the snow solved this instantly.

Issue 2

The import of libraries takes quite a while, so I left it to run overnight.  Unfortunately, FireTV boxes go to sleep after periods of inactivity, way too early.  The workaround that I used is to download a very long file and played it, which forced the FireTV to stay awake.  In this case, it was a 21 hour long audio book from Youtube. Problem solved.

Issue 3

Too many channels on Live TV, so both Embycon and Emby fail to bring up Live TV at all, after a long time trying to load them.  I haven't found a perfect solution for this, so am currently using TVMosaic to reduce the channels by several thousand.  This has vastly improved things, and has also allowed me to get EPG for far more channels.  Emby Server seems to have a problem getting more than a few EPG channels.