Schedules Direct - What on Earth Do I Select Here???

notla49285
Go to solution Solved by Jdiesel,

notla49285

I'm trying to sign up with Schedules Direct and am being forced to say which software I intend to use it with. Any clues?!

5c2ddad66f331_Capture4.jpg

aspdend

I Wouldn't bother personally - I am signed up with Schedules Direct, but the next version of the server (3.6) will have the Gracenote epg data inbuilt... - see recent notifications from ebr and Luke

notla49285

I've seen the features of 3.6, but as far as I can tell there is no estimated date for release, so unless there's any more information to be had then I don't really have a choice.

Update 1: been reading up a bit more on 3.6 and the changes with TV guides, not sure if I'm misinterpreting but it seems even if I start a SD subscription it won't work as SD are now only supporting existing memberships?? If this is the case then it's a bit of a crap situation and means I can't set up Live TV until 3.6 is released, which there is no estimate date for????

Edited by notla49285

kanipek

I've seen the features of 3.6, but as far as I can tell there is no estimated date for release, so unless there's any more information to be had then I don't really have a choice.

Update: been reading up a bit more on 3.6 and the changes with TV guides, not sure if I'm misinterpreting but it seems even if I start a SD subscription it won't work as SD are now only supporting existing memberships?? If this is the case then it's a bit of a crap situation and means I can't set up Live TV until 3.6 is released, which there is no estimate date for????

As far as your first post you can select personal research and/or just about any of the others

At some point in the future the Emby-Schedules Direct json service(built in to Emby) will no longer be supported. Your Schedules Direct account will still be valid as long as your subscription is current. Using Schedules Direct for XMLTV will still be supported by Emby.

notla49285

Don't worry about it, I've just gone through the process of signing up for SD and got completely bamboozled by the whole thing, it's a myriad of technicalities and not a scrap of guidance in sight. I'd rather go without. Also, I've seen better looking websites from 1995.

Edited by notla49285

• Solution
Jdiesel

Just install the beta version of Emby server for now and stay on 3.6 once it is released.

• Like 2