No Collections

jriker1

jriker1

I have been using Emby since before it was Emby.  All my movies are still managed using the [boxSet] [tmdbid=####] type naming conventions and in movie collection subfolders.  Recently went into the web console to update the sort order of Mission Impossible movies and foudn the entire collection list empty.  Short of changing my naming conventions, is there a good way to get this working in the web interface again?  Note on my XBox 360 it works fine when sorting thru movies.  Shows the catagory "folder" and then when clicking into it shows the collection graphics and associated movies.

Thanks.

JR

Happy2Play

What server version? 

Folder based collection have been depreciated and are treated as normal folders as you see in folder view.  So the folder [boxset] tag and collection.xml are ignored (3.6).  All collections are virtual items created via UI or Auto boxset plugin.

jriker1

I am always on the latest windows server version.  That said, will the auto boxset plugin do anything to my folder layouts?

Thanks.

JR

Deathsquirrel

You're relying an a deprecated feature.  I know it isn't the answer you want but this really doesn't get tested any longer and your best bet is to stop relying on it.  Move your movies out of boxset folders and create the boxsets through the UI either manually or using the plugin.  I generally recommend giving the plugin a single pass to do the majority of the work and then manage it by hand after that.  The boxset data on TMDB isn't all that consistent over time so the plugin as an ongoing thing can be annoying as a result.

Happy2Play

@@jriker1 Do all your movies have their tmdbcollectionid?

I will have to test in 3.6 that these nested folders with are treated as folders also with that naming scheme.  But going forward Emby will treat them as folders.  I still maintain movie collection nested folder without [boxset] without issue in 3.6.  Images within these folders will be used for Folder View only, if collection.xml is present it will get ignored (will verify again).  As collections are a virtual item maintained in \Emby-Server\programdata\data\collections.

Tested legacy [boxset] in 3.6. This structure is treats collection folder as a normal folder.

5c32af848e906_boxset.jpg

As noted above images and collection.xml are obsolete going forward.  Note folder view will use these images if you wish to manually maintain them.  Regular views will use \Emby-Server\programdata\data\collections.

Next release is expected very soon.

Edited by Happy2Play