Pixelated Stream

ShadowKindjal

Hi there, rolling back is not supported. can you please attach a log file from the latest version? Thanks.

@ - does it work when you disable hardware acceleration?

Could you please post the hardware detection log - one from .74 and one from the latest version?

There have been changes in the Linux packages regarding AMD drivers for VAAPI between .74 and current, so this might be something for @@alucryd to look at.

@ Can you answer this question as well?

does it work when you disable hardware acceleration?

Tanks.

Hardware detection logs

Thanks, those are identical...

What is unusual is that only decoders are detected but not a single encoder.

(but that's a different story then)

Right now, we'll need to find out what's different between .73 and the latest version.

I'm afraid, you'll need to create two more ffmpeg logs to compare .73 vs latest version.

Please make sure that - in both cases:

• You're playing the same file
  • same audio track
  • same subtitle setting (preferrably off)
  • The client settings are the same (e.g. max bitrate)
  • You're playing from the beginning (no resume)

We'll need two ffmpeg logs only:

1. Transcoding working with .73
  2. Transcoding failing with .83

@ - Thanks very much for creating the logs.

From those logs I can see that the Radeon VAAPI device was not detected with version .73

That means in turn that the hw detection logs that you've posted were not from the two versions. Both were from version ..83

Anyway, the question is no longer about what was "right" with .73 because the VAAPI device simply wasn't detected there.

Next steps:

1. Install the latest AMD drivers

2. Post a detection log again

We'll no longer need .73. You can stick with .83 and disable hw acceleration (there wasn't any with .73 anyway)

ShadowKindjal

@ - Thanks very much for creating the logs.

From those logs I can see that the Radeon VAAPI device was not detected with version .73

That means in turn that the hw detection logs that you've posted were not from the two versions. Both were from version ..83

Anyway, the question is no longer about what was "right" with .73 because the VAAPI device simply wasn't detected there.

Next steps:

1. Install the latest AMD drivers

2. Post a detection log again

We'll no longer need .73. You can stick with .83 and disable hw acceleration (there wasn't any with .73 anyway)

I'm not sure if it matters but the version is .74 not .73. Also, I was pretty sure that one log was from .83 and the other was from .74 based on the application version denoted at the top of the log file.

Regardless, I will update the drivers and get back to you as soon as I can. Thank you.

I'm not sure if it matters but the version is .74 not .73. Also, I was pretty sure that one log was from .83 and the other was from .74 based on the application version denoted at the top of the log file.

Regardless, I will update the drivers and get back to you as soon as I can. Thank you.

.73 was just a mistake, but it doesn't matter.

For the logs, I meant and wrote 'hw detection logs'.

ShadowKindjal

.73 was just a mistake, but it doesn't matter.

For the logs, I meant and wrote 'hw detection logs'.

You are correct. My apologies. I'll get a new set of logs as soon as I'm able to.

So that's the reason the older version was fine, because it was just using software transcoding?