Emby setup help, tutorial, docker, will pay

mcubaynes

mcubaynes

Need help with my setup, I had a guy but je decided a different path please contact me, don't know if I should redo thé whole install in windows server or keep it in ubuntu.

Preferably someone from ottawa, canada

Edited by Luke

Hi there, what have you tried? How far have you gotten?

Why not just use our native Ubuntu package instead of Docker?

mcubaynes

my friend did the setup with ubuntu and now he tells me he has no more time for this project, now im stuck, i dont know ubuntu and i dont know if its hard to understand, i just know he told me that to have multiple containers i need docker, so do i need to redo my whole setup under windows server or ubuntu is easy to understand, i use this for non lucrative community ( churches, bible, videos for local community etc..) i want to have multiple containers, my setup now is

front server: emby containers

3 back servers

1: content with radarr

2: content with sonarr

3: content with radarr

Perplexed

You can use my signature link to learn about setting up your server in Ubuntu with Docker. Rather than paying someone to do it for you, of definitely go that route. If I was able to learn it, anyone is ;)

Edit: although that setup is mostly for a VPS and Google drive, it's easy to adapt for the home. Otherwise, as Luke said, you're better off to start from scratch on a system you're familiar with.

Edited by Perplexed

You can use my signature link to learn about setting up your server in Ubuntu with Docker. Rather than paying someone to do it for you, of definitely go that route. If I was able to learn it, anyone is ;)

Edit: although that setup is mostly for a VPS and Google drive, it's easy to adapt for the home. Otherwise, as Luke said, you're better off to start from scratch on a system you're familiar with.

@@Perplexed, what signature link?

Perplexed

@@Luke, it probably only shows up on the desktop... this is the link to my tutorial: http://bit.ly/TechPerplexed

@@mcubaynes, if you were asking me to email you for personal help I'm really, very sorry... I don't offer personal services to set up systems I'm afraid, my tutorial is offered "as is". I wish you good luck in getting your system going again though :)

BAlGaInTl

I recommend Linux and Docker.

I use OpenMediaVault (OMV) which is a debian based Linux OS designed for headless operation. It has a plugin for Docker that gives it a simple GUI, making it much easier to set up and manage.

Then I have containers with Emby, Jackett, Radarr, Sonarr, etc.

There are some great step by step videos done by Techno Dad Life on YouTube that I used to get going.  He is an active member at the OMV forum, and although a bit nerdy, the videos are very helpful.

OMV Install and Setup

OMV Extras and Docker

Installing Emby

Installing Radarr

Installing Sonarr

You can see that and a whole lot more here:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDawMIcxuUkpdZX-ernQQfI2SLMIbc4PM 

• Like 1

mcubaynes

i tried many times to install on my dedicated server, downloaded opv, open my webcontrol panel, selected server then ipmi then remote kvm, select iso image from computer then trys to load and i have black screen, when i try that same exercise with a usb key, im able to select the usb key in the kvm console but not able to choose iso image, please help

mcubaynes

downloaded the iso OMV, went to my dedicated server web control, 

1. server ip

2. ipmi

3. kvm

4. choose iso

5. black screen