VU+ plugin does not retrieve picons

B3rt

I installed vu+ plugin and it works.

The only thing what does not work is retrieving picons from the web interface.

Is there a specific setting what need to be changed so it retrieves picons from the web interface?

The STB box is a VU+ ultimo4K running on Openatv 6.3 image.

Anyone any idea's?

picons are the channel icons..

In VU+ (dreambox) they are called picons not icons, don't ask why....

In the plugin they also call them picons;  Fetch picons from webinterface

Unfortunately I don't see any obvious problem here. I wonder if this feature was just never added to the VU+ plugin.

don't know, but there are 1 or 2 picons visible..

Also i use synology nas as server, here is no 3.6 update available...

Ok so the blank squares means Emby has been given an image url but for some reason there is a failure along the way. So let's try this.

For channels 14, 15 and 16, use the image editor in Emby to delete the existing (but blank) image.

Then refresh the guide, once complete pull up the channels tab again. Then attach the emby server log. Thanks !

Ok Then refresh the guide, once complete pull up the channels tab again. Then attach the emby server log. Thanks !

I restarted emby first and tried again and now there was a blank image, so i proceed with what you asked.

I deleted image of channel 14, 15 an 16 then reloaded the epg and attached the server log to this topic

post-398505-0-44755400-1546978133_thumb.png

post-398505-0-08692600-1546978152_thumb.png

serverlog3.log

So here's your answer:

2019-01-08 21:03:42.600 Error HttpClient: Error ProtocolError getting response from http://192.168.1.5:80/picon/1_0_1_4B62_813_600_FFFF0000_0_0_0.png
	*** Error Report ***
	Version: 3.5.3.0
	Command line: /var/packages/EmbyServer/target/server/EmbyServer.exe -package synology -programdata /var/packages/EmbyServer/target/var -ffmpeg /var/packages/EmbyServer/target/ffmpeg/bin/ffmpeg -ffprobe /var/packages/EmbyServer/target/ffmpeg/bin/ffprobe -restartexitcode 121
	Operating system: Unix 3.10.105.0
	64-Bit OS: True
	64-Bit Process: True
	User Interactive: False
	Mono: 5.14.0.177 (tarball Sun Nov  4 15:48:36 UTC 2018)
	Processor count: 4
	Program data path: /var/packages/EmbyServer/target/var
	Application directory: /volume1/@appstore/EmbyServer/releases/3.5.3.0
	System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (404) Not Found.

Vu+ is returning 404 not found. 

Dunno how the plugin retrieves this image from the web interface but you cannot get them this way.

The images are perfectly shown within the VU+ interface itself

Edited by B3rt

Yea unforutnately I don't know enough about Vu+ to say if the plugin or Vu+ server is doing something wrong.

I think i figured out why it errors.

Enigma2 seems not to be using the reference id anymore to link to the picon but it uses the channel name instead.

For channel 14 (rtl lounge) the url would not be http://192.168.1.5:80/picon/1_0_1_4B62_813_600_FFFF0000_0_0_0.png 

but

http://192.168.1.5:80/picon/rtllounge.png   

(the picon name is the channelname in lowercase without space or special signs)

I checked the url and indeed i got the picon back in my browser, using the ref id i got also an error.

A name in the url? That's kind of messy. I guess the Vu+ plugin will need to be updated to adjust to that. Still i wonder why you were able to get an image for channel 13?

on the box in de /picon folder are a few channels still with the ref id instead of the channel name.

About 95% of the picons in my /picon folder are named: channelname.png  and the other 5% is still the old way: 1_0_1_4B62_813_600_FFFF0000_0_0_0.png  

channel 13 picon is present as the old and new way in this /picon folder, that is why it matches, the other channels only as the new way.

• 11 months later...
kavillock

i dont wanna open new thread, rather have same problem so;

had a same error like in #entry674749

checked random icon and tracked route

line from my error, that im interested

System.IO.FileNotFoundException: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not find file '/config/picon/1_0_1_C22_1E78_71_820000_0_0_0__TVP 2 H.png'.

e2servicereference, from that emby vu+ plugin generate icon name:

<e2servicereference>1:0:1:C22:1E78:71:820000:0:0:0::TVP 2 HD</e2servicereference>

what happening?

enigma2 (or openwebif, i donno) added to servicerefference ":TVP 2 HD" this is added when channel had custom name, so i had an error, but can be other type, because enigma2 distro or iconpack can have own vision how picon name should look (mostly servicereference, or channel name like op had).

next, i checked how openwebif generate picon name (function from github):

this probably is the best method, but imho too many things to be checked, mostly is file exist

next, i checked how kodi vu+ plugin do this:

first, they do the same as emby (#L180)

but next they used an undocumented api call from openwebif (#L273)

in my option - 

http://vusolose/api/getservices?picon=1&sRef=1:7:1:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:FROM%20BOUQUET%20%22userbouquet.dbe00.tv%22%20ORDER%20BY%20bouquet

and get:

{
 "services": [
  (...)
  {
   "servicereference": "1:0:1:C22:1E78:71:820000:0:0:0::TVP 2 HD", 
   "program": 3106, 
   "servicename": "TVP 2 HD", 
   "pos": 2, 
   "picon": "/picon/1_0_1_C22_1E78_71_820000_0_0_0.png"
  },
  (...)
 ], 
 "pos": 179
}

and we get picon name, but propably supported by only newer openwebif.

Unfortunately i cant write on c, or i donno in what language emby vu+ plugin is writed to implement first or second solution, so i leave buxfix method