Collections and Identification.

Koleckai Silvestri

Koleckai Silvestri

I have a few collections which don't have corresponding collections on the TMDB website. These have a red and white icon with an exclamation point saying they are not identified. I understand the purpose of this icon It is very informative on movies, television series and so forth. It lets me correct the issue.

However for collections, there may never be a provider ID to identify with so I would like to turn them off. I see a few ways to allow this to be done.

1) If the Metadata for a collection is turned off then it should be assumed to be identified. The icon isn't shown. Unlock the item and turn Metadata collection back on and it comes back.

2) Exposed the "IsIdentified" value in the Metadata Editor and collection.xml file so we can manually mark collections as identified.

3) Turn it off globally for collections.

#1 is probably the easiest and least messy to implement as it doesn't require interface changes. However not a big fan of layering different functionality like this because maintenance can be affected. Still probably the least impactful of the three without removing functionality.