[Very Minor Bug] Live TV guide not adjusting to current time

BillOatman

BillOatman

Like I said, just an annoyance but, if I look at the guide at 17:45 and select a show, then go back to the guide at 18:05, the start time of the guide still shows 17:30 instead of 18:00.  If I exit out of the guide and go back in, it starts at 18:00 as it should.  Please adjust the start time of the grid on every entrance to the guide, not just when entering from the main menu.

I'm using a shield if that makes a difference.

Edited by BillOatman
  • Like 1

Hi.  The guide will refresh itself once it is 45 minutes past the currently displayed start time.

Why do you feel it has to be more aggressive than this?

BillOatman

Hi.  The guide will refresh itself once it is 45 minutes past the currently displayed start time.

Why do you feel it has to be more aggressive than this?

i'd need to test again to be 100% sure, but when you are in this mode and a new show has begun (for example the guide begins at 17:30, it is 18:05 and a different show started at 18:00), and you select the show that starts at 18:00, you get the popup for scheduling a future recording.  You need to select the show that has ended to tune to that channel.

I would think moving ahead to the current time always makes the most sense.  What's the reason for waiting 45 minutes?

Edited by BillOatman

i'd need to test again to be 100% sure, but when you are in this mode and a new show has begun (for example the guide begins at 17:30, it is 18:05 and a different show started at 18:00), and you select the show that starts at 18:00, you get the popup for scheduling a future recording.  You need to select the show that has ended to tune to that channel.

I don't believe that is true.  You can tune to the channel from either place.  (or you can just hit the play button on your remote)

I would think moving ahead to the current time always makes the most sense.  What's the reason for waiting 45 minutes?

Performance.  Also, it isn't always a bad idea to see what was just on immediately after it has ended as opposed to that disappearing the second it is over with.

BillOatman

I don't believe that is true.  You can tune to the channel from either place.  (or you can just hit the play button on your remote)

Performance.  Also, it isn't always a bad idea to see what was just on immediately after it has ended as opposed to that disappearing the second it is over with.

I primarily use a shield, and it's remote is button challenged :)  I'll try and test what happens on the selection tonight.

Yeah I can see why you might want the previous show up for a few minutes I guess.  Personally I'd prefer to see the guide advance and have the ability to scroll to the left to see past shows.

I primarily use a shield, and it's remote is button challenged :)

Double-tapping the volume slider is "play" on that remote (intuitive, huh... ;))

• Like 1

BillOatman

I guess I forgot to comment back, sorry for the delay.  I tried it, and I can tune the channel when I move ahead in the guide.  Not sure why I thought I couldn't before.  Must have been trying multiple things, or had a few too many adult beverages.  But thanks!

Guest asrequested

I actually think it should move at the very least in 30min intervals. Ultimately, I'd want it in real time. And that's in every app. The theater guide is often out of step, where the highlighted shows are no longer current. The guide should be active and align itself with the current time.

Guest asrequested

The automatic refreshing in Theater should be a bit better nowadays.

Here's my circumstance. I often leave it on guide overnight. Almost every morning, it's out of alignment. It's not a huge deal, but the point of the shading is to show you what's currently playing. But it's often out of step.

Here's my circumstance. I often leave it on guide overnight. Almost every morning, it's out of alignment. It's not a huge deal, but the point of the shading is to show you what's currently playing. But it's often out of step.

That should never be the case in this app.