Emby Post Processing command not running

trmb
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

I can't find any evidence of the event firing and script starting in the log. In the snippet attached, it doesn't seem to fire. You can find the relevant entries searching for "Mother."

To test, I set a recording at 10:19 for an episode of "How I Met your Mother" and let it complete at 10:30, with padding maybe 10:35. I see the Roku thumbnails event firing at 10:37 pm but no post-processing event.

For testing I had replaced my more complex move and convert script with a simple batch script to try to copy the file somewhere and echo the command and date and time. No log output from that either, again indicating the postprocessing event isn't starting to run. The filename and batch code is below.

C:\Users\Public\ToConvert.bat
echo %date% %time% >> ToConvert.log
echo copy %1 \\TIMCLOUD\Public\Recently Recorded\ToConvert >> ToConvert.log
copy %1 "\\TIMCLOUD\Public\Recently Recorded\ToConvert" >> ToConvert.log
echo -----  >> ToConvert.log

I also included a screenshot of the DVR section with post processing command in case that is helpful.

post-5629-0-13379900-1546192977_thumb.png

logSnippet.txt

Edited by trmb

• Solution

Oh wait I see, you're using ServerWMC. 

This setting is only supported when using Emby's native recording features. What tuner do you have?

• Like 1

That explains it. I was about to ask if maybe DVR postprocessing didn't work with ServerWMC...

I'm using a HDHomeRun Prime with a smartcard from ComCast.

I'll find a different way, either foldersync/convert or MCEBuddy. I just lost my recording storage SSD to wear and wanted to move new recordings off the system SSD to my NAS. Changing the whole system around at the same time, figured I'd give postprocessing a try--to no avail.

Thanks for the quick reply Luke!

Edited by trmb

One more question, Luke. I was an early adopter many years ago, haven't updated my htpc in a while.

Can I now stop using ServerWMC for LiveTV and switch to using Emby's DVR functions directly with the HDHomeRun Prime? I rarely use MCE any longer...