Lg smart tv 4k emby studded

emuzquiz3

emuzquiz3

I have a LG 4k smart tv,I have it connected directly to my router via ethernet, when I try to play 4k movies it lags and buffers a lot. Is there any settings I can change?

Please try a wireless 5GHz connection. The internal Ethernet port is only rated to 100Mbps so many users have found bettter network performance via a good wireless connection

I've had much better success using the built in ethernet than WiFi. Wired at 100 is more than capable of playing any content.

All videos stutter or just 4K?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

awdspyder

A little late to the discussion, but I can happily confirm that UHD rips @ over 70k kbps play just fine on my OLED E6P's wired connection.  I would say that most UHD content will play just fine over the 100 Mbps connection.  I have to respectfully disagree with lorac that any content will play over the 100 Mbps Ethernet port, as the Ultra HD Blu-ray spec does allow for 66 GB discs @ 108 Mbps, and 100 GB discs @ 128 Mbps.

Furthermore, there have been reports on other forums of UHD Blu-ray dics with bitrates well over 100 Mbps and specifically having to use WiFi on LG OLED displays for this purpose, as SamES mentioned.  That said, the highest bitrate I've personally seen in my collection is in the 70-80 Mbps range, so I've not had the need to do so.

What we should all really be pissed about is that some jackass at LG thought it prudent to save $0.89 on the Ethernet port on a $3k-4k TV.

Edited by awdspyder
  • Like 2