Delete/Hide channel on Hauppauge

snake98
Go to solution Solved by snake98,

snake98

How do you delete or hide channels from a tv source using Hauppauge PVR 2?

I have duplicates,(hd and non hd) channels, and channels I don't received.

I have tried deleting them from wintv database, but no luck.

Following the upcoming 3.6 release we will be expanding on our channel management features to allow you to do this. Thanks.

• Solution
snake98

Okay figured it out.  It uses the wintv all channels.  if you delete them out of winTV and restart the service Hauppaugetvserver, Emby refreshes the channel list.

Fyi, Hauppauge also supports Favorite Channels like hdhomerun.  Would be nice to have an option to only import favorite channels like hdhomerun do.

SHSPVR

Okay figured it out.  It uses the wintv all channels.  if you delete them out of winTV and restart the service Hauppaugetvserver, Emby refreshes the channel list.

Fyi, Hauppauge also supports Favorite Channels like hdhomerun.  Would be nice to have an option to only import favorite channels like hdhomerun do.

Yup that how it done

• 1 month later...
SHSPVR

so has deleting/hiding a channel ability been implemented from within the web gui?

Nope you have do it from WinTV it self

I moved a way from WinTV and NextPVR switch to Cast4ME and gone with IPTV Tuning a bit more work with some benefits

Edited by SHSPVR

You could just remove it from the m3u. We plan to expand on our channel management features in the future to allow you to do this within the Emby interface. Thanks.

SHSPVR

ok, my bad. I dont have a physical tuner card. I use an m3u for IPTV.  Same story, I assume.

As Luke said and restart emby or lave be soon or later it will remove it self after you edit it out of your m3u file

Edited by SHSPVR