Plugin Catalogue & Metadata Manager won't load

elpirate
Go to solution Solved by elpirate,

elpirate

So I have 3.5.2 installed on a Ts251+ and the Plugin Catalogue as well as the Metadata Manager won't load.

When I select the Plugin Catalogue I just get a spinning circle then a blank white screen.

Similar with the Metadata Manager, spinning circle then blank black screen.

Have tried on Chrome & Mozilla.

Have cleared cache in both.

Have tried on multiple PC's.

Have also tried via Chrome on Android mobile.

Still no access.

Any suggestions ?

Thanks

Edited by elpirate

elpirate

Hi there, can you please attach the emby server log?

Are you behind a VPN? Thanks.

Hi Luke.

No not behind a VPN at all..

Logs are here, newest one is 5.

Gave you all I had as I wasnt sure how far back you needed to go.

FYI the Emby server is a bit slow generally, i.e. i click something and nothing happens, wait a bit, then clock again,..  nothing, then it changes to the screen I wanted it to be on.

This has always been the case on my Ts228 but I thought it may be due to my library size and also my low end device but now i have put emby on  a Ts251+ (which is where I am having the no show of plugins & metadata screens) which si much beefier than the Ts228 and its as slow.

I'm not that worried about the slowness though, more but am keen RE the plugins & the metadata as I need access to those screens to complete setup.

I installed via QnapClub store. I did try the installers via the emby website but when installing 3.5.3 from there, it appeared the server did not run after installation as I got a page cannot be displayed error when launching form the Qnap App store.

I thought you may ask me to upgrade to see if it works so I though I would mention that I have had trouble doing that already.

Cheers

Log 4.txt

Log 3.txt

Log 2.txt

Log 1.txt

Log 5.txt

Edited by elpirate

Ok, you're still running the old community package I see. You're going to need to switch to our official package that we have on our website. Following the 3.6 release we'll be looking to get that published in the QNAP catalog. Thanks.

elpirate

Ok, you're still running the old community package I see. You're going to need to switch to our official package that we have on our website. Following the 3.6 release we'll be looking to get that published in the QNAP catalog. Thanks.

Yet I have 3.5.2 working fine on my Ts228 (as far as metadata & plugin access goes anyway, its still slow but that not a worry of mine atm).

Obviously Ts228 is Annapurna CPU (x41) and the Ts251+ is intel Celeron (x64) so they are different CPU architectures completely.

I have no probs switching, the issue is that when i tried 3.5.3 from the  download link on the emby site, the server would not run. Im talking on the TS251+.

What would be causing that?

Would it be any better with the beta (although i vaguely remember trialing that and no good)

Im happy to trial the beta on my Ts228 emby database, as well as the Ts251+. Are there any ramifications on switching? in other words, will i lose my watched status etc?

Or is it the same as upgrading the old way (stop server, upgrade from qpkg, restart server)

Cheers.

elpirate

It would install fine but when I launched it, I got a page not displayed message. It looks as though the server was not running. From memory I tried the beta 3.6 also and got he same. It was also directing to a different port. Happy to try again but also keen for any advice before I do so.

Can you try again, and if it happens again, please let me know what the address is in the browser address bar. thanks.

elpirate

Hey there Luke.

I've installed the 3.6 beta and got the same result (this page cannot be displayed..)

The address is 192.168.15.2:8920.

The port is obviously not 8096.

What I have noticed is that the 3.5.2 is still installed and not overwritten like previous experience.

I disabled the existing app (3.5.2) before install of beta app (3.6.xx) like I would if updating previously.

Could the existence of the old app be causing my issue and causing the new install to point to port 8920 instead of 8096?

If so, obviously I could try uninstalling the existing app then installing the beta but this would mean I lose my watched status etc I assume?

What do you think?

Thanks

Edited by elpirate

elpirate

Yeah I tried that and didn't work.

I'm gonna uninstall the server and re install the new version on the Ts251+ as the watched status etc isn't at a critical point as yet. It's the Ts228 server that is much more maturem

I have a funny feeling that I have already done that though and the result was the same.

elpirate

So FYI Luke, I tried 192.168.15.2:8096 with 3.5.2 installed but disabled and I got a black screen with and emby premier button on the top right hand side.

Nothing happened from here. Remember that 3.5.2 is disabled but 3.6.0.81 is not.

So I thought I would disable 3.6.0.81 and see what happens going to 192.168.15.2:8096 (using a shortcut that is actually 192.168.15.2:8096/web/index) as theoretically, it should say offline as both servers are disabled.

I got this message:

Could not find a part of the path "/dashboard-ui/index.html".

Same happens when typing 192.168.15.2:8096

Typing https://192.168.15.2:8096 gives me a connection refused message.

So I uninstalled both 3.5.2 & 3.6.0.81 and re booted the NAS.

I then installed 3.6.0.81. Clicking "open" still take me to port 8920 and the age not being able to be displayed.

When putting in 192.168.15.2:8096, it launches the install wizard.

I have completed the install and my library is updating.

While updating though, I still cannot access the plugin catalog (same thing happening) and also now, I cannot view the "User"info. All the fields are blank and the circle is spinning (same as plugin catalog)

The metadata manager is working OK now.

I'm gonna give it some time scan the library etc and will report back.

Not sure why the port is 8920 by default for the app though.

I still reckon I may have a problem with plugin catalog and also the user area now though....

stay tuned.

Edited by elpirate

elpirate

Can confirm cannot access plugin catalog and now user info. It wouldn't let me attach an emby account when setting up either.

elpirate

@@Luke

The user settings finally loaded but now I get this error when I try to put my emby account email address in under the master user (see attached)

Could there be an issue where I cannot connect to the emby servers from the Nas?

I have no firewall running, unless there is pre configured firewall with the latest QTS.

This could explain the plugin catalog issue also although I did not have the user account issue with 3.5.2

Edit: Logs attached and Im now convinced there is some issue with me connecting to Emby server and also TMDb.

I have no metadata for any movies downloaded (TV shows fine) and any set up menu reliant on access to an emby server seems to time out. For example, in the Live TV section, thee "Services" tab does the same thing (times out).

post-173259-0-90683500-1546135474_thumb.jpg

Log.txt

Log (2).txt

Edited by elpirate

• Solution
elpirate

Outgoing requests are timing out to multiple domains, including our https://connect.emby.media. That's why you got that error.

It just seems as though something is blocking the connection.

Agreed- so i looked a little deeper.

Basically, using my problem where my server is also not connecting to TMDb as a base issue, I looked closer in to that and found a thread where someone had the same issue and fixed it by disabling ipv6.

Im actually running a virtual switch on the ts251+ in order to connect another PC to the network and when I set that up, I simply used all the default settings, not knowing that it would enable the use of ipv6 for the ip address of the virtual switch (I guess if I needed it it wouldve been there ready :) )

I re configured the switch and disabled the ipv6 ip address and viola, connecting issues are solved.

So in summary, the answer is

- To install Emby QPKG from Emby site on a NAS that already has a QnapClub Emby QPKG on it, you need to remove this firstly. All watched status / settings will be lost if not backed up

- IPv6 causing connection issues due to configured virtual switch. Need to disable ipv6 IP address in the virtual switch configuration to ensure connection with Emby main servers & other plugins (eg TMDb).

Case closed me thinks.

Edited by elpirate