Live TV within kodi client how to setup exactly?

B3rt

Hi,

I use emby server (version 3.5.3.0) on a synology NAS and running kodi on several clients within my network.

I use VU+ plugin to connect to my sat receiver and i can watch live TV using the APP or web interface, i also purchased the premium plugin for the server.

On the kodi clients (latest official version) i installed the emby plugin (not embycon) and all my libraries are present and can be used in all Kodi cliients.

What i cannot figure out is how to get live TV to work within KODI itself.

There is no pvr client called emby, so currently no pvr client is installed.

When i enter Live TV option in kodi i get a message that no pvr client is installed, so watching TV is not possible

Can someone please explain to me how can i watch live TV streamed by emby within a kodi client?

When i enter the video addon emby there is NO list of any Live TV option, also in the configuration of emby there is no live TV setting to be found at all.

So live TV works with the user using the emby app on phone/tablet and web interface but no live TV options at all within kodi clients.

Who can advise/help?

Edited by B3rt

Angelblue05

This is only available in the beta version of the addon. Under video addons > emby > live tv. It’s a basic implementation. Let me know if you still don’t find it. Thank you.

i know 1 exist, but this is not maintaint anymore and works not that good.

I hoped emby live TV would be possible as a pvr addon within kodi, but this is not possible....

Maybe this could be added in the future, a emby_pvr addon for kodi, so install emby_pvr plugin in kodi and connect to emby liveTV with epg etc to view all channels available.

With a pvr addon it would be possible to also use iptv channels which are allready possible in emby (m3u tuner) also in kodi without adding them seperatly.

This is only available in the beta version of the addon. Under video addons > emby > live tv. It’s a basic implementation. Let me know if you still don’t find it. Thank you.

I installed it on my laptop to view it, but what i hoped it would be, if it is the option as now you may remove it.

As explained in my former reply i was hoping that teh liveTV option was fully compatible with the kodi TV option, so installed as a emby pvr plugin and so use it as each other pvr plugin.

Accessing TV via other menu's with no epg etc is not working for me, also i got the list but could not watch any channel in kodi itself, so streaming is not working.