8096 Unavailable even after a port forward

Whizard

I've had zero luck getting any media streaming to work over my network.  One of the issues that I'm fairly sure I have is opening any port.  I have an ASUS RT-AC68P and have followed every version of directions I can find.  I have a static IP address for my computer, but when I go to canyouseeme.org, that is not the IP listed.  Irrespective, even if I forward the port using the ip canyouseeme shows, it's still inaccessible.

There may be other issues, but thought I should tackle this one first as Emby doesn't see my computer no matter what IP I put in. 

Suggestions?

Doc.

p.s.

I'm happy to provide any screenshots you may want/need!  (Just make sure to use simple language,as I'm not the smartest when it comes to tech jargon.

RobWayBro

Hi, canyouseeme.org will see the public IP address, this will not be your local computer but the WAN link on the router.

You will need to log into the ASUS RT-AC68P and forward the ports in it's configuration.  

This page *appears* to have decent directions for doing this in your router..  https://portforward.com/asus/rt-ac68p/

HTH...

Hi, canyouseeme.org will see the public IP address, this will not be your local computer but the WAN link on the router.

You will need to log into the ASUS RT-AC68P and forward the ports in it's configuration.  

This page *appears* to have decent directions for doing this in your router..  https://portforward.com/asus/rt-ac68p/

HTH...

Thanks for your response.  The link you provided is the same one I used, and it is pretty up to date.  Unfortunately, whether I forward using my local IP address or my public IP address, 8096 is still not accessible. 

Doc.

RobWayBro

Also, in Settings - Advanced did you enable (check) the option:  Allow remote connections to this Emby Server?

Happy2Play

I've had zero luck getting any media streaming to work over my network.  One of the issues that I'm fairly sure I have is opening any port.  I have an ASUS RT-AC68P and have followed every version of directions I can find.  I have a static IP address for my computer, but when I go to canyouseeme.org, that is not the IP listed.  Irrespective, even if I forward the port using the ip canyouseeme shows, it's still inaccessible.

There may be other issues, but thought I should tackle this one first as Emby doesn't see my computer no matter what IP I put in. 

Suggestions?

Doc.

p.s.

I'm happy to provide any screenshots you may want/need!  (Just make sure to use simple language,as I'm not the smartest when it comes to tech jargon.

Are you saying Dashboard and canyouseeme.org don't show the same WAN address?

Does your Emby dashboard show and Remote IP?

5c253db80cc22_embydashboard.png

It only shows a Remote (WAN) access:  It does not have a local, which is really  what I want, as if I'm understanding it correctly - I only want to watch what is on my server when I'm at home and watching through Roku.

post-399235-0-77481800-1545945279_thumb.png

Are you saying Dashboard and canyouseeme.org don't show the same WAN address?

They show the same address.  It simply says that the port (8096) is not accessible.

Did you change anything on Dashboard-Advanced?

Nope.  I did check to see if remote connections was checked, and it is, but I haven't changed any settings from the setup.

Happy2Play

Since Emby is not seeing your LAN address there are other issues at play here.  

What OS?  Can you explain your build?

How about a server log also.

Edited by Happy2Play

RobWayBro

Are the Roku device and the Emby server on the same IP network?

If so, and you only want to watch inside your network you do not need the remote access enabled nor should you have to perform a port forward, these options are if you desire to connect to your Emby server outside your network.

Attached are the screen shots of my advanced screen.  You would not need and external domain and unless you have ssl enabled, you would not need an ssl certificate path/file and the allow remote connections would not need to be checked if you only desire internal access.

HTH

post-188150-0-75444800-1545946601_thumb.png

post-188150-0-45523300-1545946612_thumb.png

Since Emby is not seeing your LAN address there are other issues at play here.  

What OS?  Can you explain your build?

How about a server log also.

Build is rather simple, "off the shelf" product running Windows 10 64 bit

How do I upload the log?  Do I need to somehow export it from my dashboard or just copy and paste?

Are the Roku device and the Emby server on the same IP network?

If so, and you only want to watch inside your network you do not need the remote access enabled nor should you have to perform a port forward, these options are if you desire to connect to your Emby server outside your network.

Attached are the screen shots of my advanced screen.  You would not need and external domain and unless you have ssl enabled, you would not need an ssl certificate path/file and the allow remote connections would not need to be checked if you only desire internal access.

HTH

I believe that is the problem.  My server does not come up in the Emby app automatically, nor does it come up when given my local IP.  It says the request timed out.

Happy2Play

Build is rather simple, "off the shelf" product running Windows 10 64 bit

How do I upload the log?  Do I need to somehow export it from my dashboard or just copy and paste?

How to Report a Problem  Dashboard Paths show you log location also.

It best to attach the log to your post.  Clcik the More Reply Options and ensure you select attach this file after selection it.

Happy2Play

Can you access Emby on the Win 10 computer it is installed on with a web browser?  http://localhost:8096 

I would expect localhost to work, but another computer on the network LANIP:8096 would be better test.

RobWayBro

Just trying to make sure, as we know if localhost doesn't work then Emby is just not running and nothing else is going to work..  Falling back to troubleshooting 101..  :)

Happy2Play

Just trying to make sure, as we know if localhost doesn't work then Emby is just not running and nothing else is going to work..  Falling back to troubleshooting 101..  :)

:ph34r: But we already know Emby is running from screenshot in post 7.

• Like 1

I would expect localhost to work, but another computer on the network LANIP:8096 would be better test.

I'm sorry, but I don't understand this.  You want me to check another computer on the same network, I get that, but do you want me to type in "LANIP:8096" in a browser?