Possible to get list of missing files?

Dizzy49

Dizzy49

I had a very sudden drive failure (thank Win 10 update!) and I'm trying to figure out what I lost.  Right now I've just been writing down files as I try to play them in Emby and they won't play.  Is there a way to get a list of missing files so I can try to replace them?

Thanks!

Dizzy49

Hi, the reports plugin might help.

I have it.  Checks for trailers and images, but not the media files themselves.  It seems like a silly ask, but stuff happens.

Dizzy49

I don't need a list of a library, I need to know explicitly which ones are missing media files.  I have over 20,000 media files, I lost a little under 1000, I just have no idea which ones without going through them one by one.

BAlGaInTl

Is there anything unique about your naming that could be used? Size?

Maybe you could write a script to go through your folders and return those where the info isn't found?

I bet powershell can do something like that, but I'm not good enough to create it.

Dizzy49

That might catch some of the TV shows... I think there is a way to report missing episodes...

But the movies, the entire folder is missing, so there is no way to check if the entire folder is missing.