NVIDIA Quadro 4000 - wrong card ?

Svendsen18

Svendsen18

I got a chance to buy a used NVIDIA Quadro 4000 by PNY to bypass the 2 transcode limit on all the nivida GPUs, but when i look at the list https://developer.nvidia.com/video-encode-decode-gpu-support-matrix

i seem to fail to find the GPU with that exact name as they all seem to have K/M/P in their names, and the one im buying does not seem to have it. Am i scamming myself by buying this GPU as a hardware accellerated GPU tool for an emby server ?

the GPU itself looks like this : https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/410HrVthW9L._SX355_.jpg

Info abou the card in the sellers post :
NVIDIA Quadro 4000 by PNY 
2GB GDDR5 PCI Express Gen 
2 x16 DVI-I DL, Dual DisplayPort and Stereo OpenGL, DirectX, CUDA, and OpenCL Profesional Graphics Board, VCQ4000-PB

From what i can read an 
Quadro P4000 would be excellent for an emby server, im just not sure what im buying is this Quadro P4000 i need, any1 that can help confirm if im buying some old crap or it is the real deal ?

Armageus

A Quadro 4000 (without a K/M/P prefix) will unfortunately not be any use for hardware transcoding, as it's a Fermi based chip from 2010.

There is no need for a P4000 - a Quadro P2000 also offers unrestricted sessions, and supports all of the H.265 formats.

If you can do without H.265 (or only a specific format H.265)*, then the older M2000, K2200, or even K2000 are cheaper options.

* Note - I'm not 100% sure regarding the different formats:

e.g. H.265 (HEVC) 4K YUV 4:2:0, H.265 (HEVC) 4K YUV 4:4:4, H.265 (HEVC) 4K Lossless 

Hopefully someone else can better explain

• Like 1