IPTV + Transcoding performances

maxtvsn

Hi,

I currently provide locally to some friends IPTV channels with Android Boxes using StbEmu (MG254). I am in West Africa where the connection is limited. The Channels are best wached with at least 8/10 Mbps connection which not everyone has here. Mostly 2 to 4 Mbps. They currently connect to the IPTV provider directly using their home connection.  

I was wondering if I could :

1. Get a Strong Dedicated Server in Europe with Emby on it (or not) and at least a 1Gpbs Line

2. Add my IPTV XtreamCodes feed to the server and transcode it using Emby or the XtreamCode V2 Panel feature.

3. Set the transcode Bitrate to 2Mbps 

And still get a stable (Buffer free) watching experience so people with limited connection can enjoy the channels. And get as good if not better experience as when connecting directly to the IPTV provider with 10 Mbps (without transcoding).?

I've done a trialtest on emby server located both in Europe and US and got quite surprising performance result at 2 Mbps bitrate. Can I get similar result in my scenario where I add my IPTV Feed to my Dedicated server through emby. ? Any other recommendation would be greatly appreciated. 

Thank you much 

JF

Hi, welcome.

I've done a trialtest on emby server located both in Europe and US and got quite surprising performance result at 2 Mbps bitrate. Can I get similar result in my scenario where I add my IPTV Feed to my Dedicated server through emby.

Are you asking you'll get a similar result from your server in West Africa? I would think so but I think you'll just have to try, no?