Sort by "Last Episode Date Added"

thelanranger

thelanranger

So, when you make a TV library, there is a missing sort function that is kind of driving me crazy. There is a Sort by "Date Added" but this will sort all your shows by the show you most recently added. There needs to be an option that says Sort by "Last Episode Date Added" whereby when you add an episode to a sub folder in the TV library it then would put that item as first in the list.

Example:

Sort by Date Added:

TV

Show 10 (12-20-18) <===First Item in list

Episode 1 (10-23-18)

Episode 2 (10-24-18)

Episode 3 (10-25-18)

Show 09 (10-25-18)

Episode 1 (11-25-18)

Episode 2 (11-25-18)

Episode 3 (11-25-18)

Show 08 (06-01-17)

Episode 1 (06-01-17)

Episode 2 (07-01-17)

Episode 3 (12-25-18) <===== Newest File

Sort by Last Episode Date Added:

TV

Show 08 (06-01-17)  <==== First Item in List

Episode 1 (06-01-17)

Episode 2 (07-01-17)

Episode 3 (12-25-18) <=== Most Recent File

Show 09 (10-25-18)

Episode 1 (11-25-18)

Episode 2 (11-25-18) 

Episode 3 (11-25-18) <=== Second Most recent File

Show 10 (11-20-18)  <=== Show Containing the most recent file after Shows 08, 09

Episode 1 (10-23-18)

Episode 2 (10-24-18)

Episode 3 (10-25-18) 

This is how I've always sorted things on Plex for instance. It always shows you the "new Episode" that you just downloaded at the top of the list. It should bump the SHOW to the top of the list when a new episode is downloaded. 

The next release will sort by episode date added when you use the Date Added sort order. It's possible that in the future we may split them into two explicit sort options. Thanks.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
rcmpayne

I'm using emby server from the Linux server IO doctor on the Beta tag version 4.1.0.7 beta with android client 1.6.79g and I still have this issue. My library is set to (date added)

Happy2Play

I'm using emby server from the Linux server IO doctor on the Beta tag version 4.1.0.7 beta with android client 1.6.79g and I still have this issue. My library is set to (date added)

Does it appear correct in the web client?  I doubt apps/clients will have this option yet.

I just changed to the sort option in the web client and everything appears correctly to me. "Last episode date added"

Edited by Happy2Play

rcmpayne

Oh... looks like the web app has it as a new item. Anyone know when the next android client will have this and if you can signup for android beta?b8847a8438263002e2ebc40efc6efeb1.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

rcmpayne

I just installed the open Beta for the android app and the new item selection is missing still. However, the shows are still organized correctly on the android app now that I selected it correctly in the Web app

• 1 month later...
thelanranger

I just noticed this on the 4.0 on the web app. I NEEEEEED this on firetv! NEED!

This and some kind of little player thingy for the computer that mixes music and interacts with the library and you've won the war! Do those two things and I'll start posting articles about scripting your Let's Encrypt certs and installing all this in a Hyper-V machine for everyone. =P

I just noticed this on the 4.0 on the web app. I NEEEEEED this on firetv! NEED!

It will be in the next release of the app.

Thanks.