DVR Issues

cymro

Hi All,

The DVR of my Emby server is giving me a few issues, and I am wondering what options I could take here. I am experiencing two issues, one minor and one major! In case it has any bearing - I had an issue a few days ago that meant that items already in my library were being recorded - that issue was resolved and explained by poor EPG information. Whilst messing around with the DVR during that time I did try and fill the TV path and Movie path - and then deleted them. Both fields are now empty and only the Default Recording Path has a path in it. Does this have any link to my minor issue -

The minor issue is that under my Recordings Tab of the Live TV section (along the top - programmes/guide/channels/recordings etc ) nothing ever appears. It is always empty - even though Emby has just recorded an item. They do appear in the My Media section - so I can find my recordings but strange that they never appear under the Live TV section where they should I suppose.

The major issue is that recorded programmes do not play for me anymore! I get this error - "Playback error - No compatible streams are currently available. Please try again later or contact your system administrator for details." I have checked the folder on my NAS that has my programs recorded - they are all there in .TS file type and play fine on VLC.

I feel like clearing the decks on the DVR and starting again - I am sure I have messed things up somehow - but don't want to lose all my library details! Does anybody have any suggestions for me - thanks.

What's happening is windows will disconnect this drive when it idles and then emby will not be able to access it anymore. This ends up causing lots of different problems.

Try removing this from emby and instead using the original network path. Thanks.