Transparent Tiles

ScottIsAFool

fredmarkle

Do I need a beta version, I'm not seeing the transparent tile? Sorry if this is a dumb question.

Sent from my HTC6990LVW using Tapatalk

ScottIsAFool

At the moment, yes, it's in the beta. However, there will be an update to the main app coming this week.

gcoupe

Am I supposed to be seeing a transparent tile in the version 8.0.60.0? Because I'm not, and I do have the checkbox ticked...

5361467edbbbc_MB3WP01.png

ScottIsAFool

When you set the option, did you immediately back out of the app, or press the start? Once you've set the option, press the back button once and give it a moment, if you've set it to pull down any other images it needs to go and get them.

EDIT: my bad, a bug. Will push a quick update.

Edited by ScottIsAFool

ScottIsAFool

8.0.60.1 submitted to the store, hopefully shouldn't take long. Sorry about that.

jhoff80

This frequently loses my setting for tile transparency, even on the newest version 8.0.61.0 that I just received today.  I've never paid attention to how long I have the app open though, so maybe I'm closing it too fast, I don't know.  I'll have to keep an eye out.

ScottIsAFool

Unfortunately, this is a bug with WP8.1, one which I've raised (http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/26bbfcde-f1d3-49b8-9d6f-9410498e9ece/primary-live-tile-restored-to-app-original-when-app-is-updated?forum=winphoneosissues) and raised internally at MS. It's not forgetting the setting, the tile is just being reset when you get an update. If you go to the settings page, then just back out back to the main page and leave it a second, that should correct it.

• 7 months later...