File not playing

Coxeroni

Coxeroni

I got a file that it is not playing and in Android TV on the Shield it is also not possible to select the audio track (mp2 is default) for it.

Same file plays fine on Android mobile and web. Either direct play or if I force transcode even with the mp2 audio track. Only Android TV is giving up on it completely.

If I see it correctly, it is never possible to select the audio track prior to playing on Android TV... This is a major flaw in my opinon :(

Logs are attached, if infos are missing, just tell me.

It is a German cable TV recording and therefore a pretty frequently occurring format in my library.

Info on the file (sorry in German and mal formated) :

Video

Title720p H264

CodecH264

AVCNo

ProfilHigh

Level40

Auflösung1280x720

Seitenverhältnis16:9

AnamorphNo

InterlacedNo

Bildrate50

Bitrate14.161 kbps

Bit-Tiefe8 bit

Pixelformatyuv420p

Ref Frames1

NAL0

Audio

TitleDeu MP2 stereo

Sprachedeu

CodecMP2

Darstellungstereo

Kanäle2 ch

Bitrate256 kbps

Sample-Rate48.000 Hz

VoreinstellungNo

Audio

TitleDeu MP2 stereo

Sprachedeu

CodecMP2

Darstellungstereo

Kanäle2 ch

Bitrate256 kbps

Sample-Rate48.000 Hz

VoreinstellungNo

Untertitel

TitleDeu

Sprachedeu

CodecDVB_TELETEXT

VoreinstellungNo

ErzwungenNo

ExternNo

Extradata00000000: 0900

Untertitel

TitleDeu

Sprachedeu

CodecDVBSUB

VoreinstellungNo

ErzwungenNo

ExternNo

Audio

TitleDeu Dolby Digital 5.1

Sprachedeu

CodecAC3

Darstellung5.1

Kanäle6 ch

Bitrate448 kbps

Sample-Rate48.000 Hz

VoreinstellungNo

Containermpegts

Pfad/Media/aufnahmen/filme/Sissi.ts

Größe10257 MB

embyserver.txt

ffmpeg.txt

Edited by Coxeroni

Hi. I believe this issue should be already solved in the current beta version of the app.  You can definitely select the audio prior to playback in the beta.

Coxeroni

Thanks for your reply. I will check later which version I am running and if I can select the audio.

Edit: just checked. I am running 1.6.70g on the shield. I can select audio tracks and video format (obviously where I have several versions) for TV series, but NOT for movies. There I always have the standard audio track and CC enabled if present.

As I said, I can select both using Android mobile and web, so this is purely an Android TV issue...

Edited by Coxeroni

Coxeroni

I have to correct, it merely seems to work for some files while most other files don't show the selection, regardless whether they are mp4 or ts container ...

Can you update to the latest beta server as well, then if the issue remains, please attach a new set of log files. thanks.

Coxeroni

Updated to 3.6.0.81 and now the file is playing with CC turned off by default. Great work whatever you did :)

Still, the Android TV interface does not show any selection for audio track etc. before start.

Edited by Coxeroni

CBers

Still, the Android TV interface does not show any selection for audio track etc. before start.

Do you have it enabled in the options?

Settings, Playback, Show Pre-Playback Media Selections.

Coxeroni

I thought i had, since I could select the video on some files. But this seems to be something else and the option was not checked...

Checked it and now everything works as expected :)

Wasn't there grouping of versions of files introduced into 3.6? If yes, how does this work?

Coxeroni

Thanks for the link. I guess this will not work with Plex, and since I am running both in parallel, I seek to have the highest compatibility with both systems. Nevermind the double entries in emby though.

CBers

Thanks for the link. I guess this will not work with Plex, and since I am running both in parallel, I seek to have the highest compatibility with both systems. Nevermind the double entries in emby though.

I have both Emby and Plex running side by side with the same content, and I have multi-versions of many movies, which are available in both Emby and Plex.

In Plex, you have to press MORE and then PLAY VERSION to choose the one you want.

Hope that helps :)

CBers

That I know, and this also works with the naming scheme that Luke linked? Interesting... Will give it a try.

I have several movies with a 1080p and a 4K version.

I name them as:

"Movie - 1080p.mkv"

"Movie - 4K.mkv"

They work for me.