Watching anything (baconfeet)

Larrytemple

Larrytemple

I'm using baconfeet to watch movies and tv shows and I'm constantly having to transcode(1mbs-3mbs) to watch anything and even then it buffers or has play back issues. I'm using a firestick and I know it's not baconfeet nor my internet because I get 100+mbs speed and I'm not being throttled. Does anyone have a fix for this? Or has experienced the same issue?

• Like 1

Palumbo68

Same here with BaconFeet but only difference on Nividia Shield 2017 and tried every external player possible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Larrytemple

I'm using just the normal player that comes with emby it's really frustrating. The baconfeet guys are amazing support team and I just had the whole house rewired with internet and got a 500 dollar wifi so I'm positive it isnt either one of them so I'm stumped at what it could be. The only thing on my firestick is emby as well.

Palumbo68

I have 100+mbs also,i reset my modum & router once a week.I do love Emby and the features it has along with the Android app so it’s frustrating..I’ve changed the bit-rate numerous times.

Larrytemple

I have it changed the quality to 480 and still does the same thing with the buffering. My thing is if my internet speed is 100mbs why would I need to set it at 1mbs?

I have it changed the quality to 480 and still does the same thing with the buffering. My thing is if my internet speed is 100mbs why would I need to set it at 1mbs?

Baconfeet is serving a large number of users, so there could be temporary bottlenecks on either side. Also it's possible you may have ISP throttling occurring.

Can you try and use the download feature from the web app? Please let me know how fast that is able to go. Thanks.

Larrytemple

Iv already confirmed it's not throttling from my ISP with a speed test and a health test on my internet and iv been back and forth with baconfeet for a while now and there services are running just fine. As far as downloading the movie or tv show I want to watch I cant due to the fact I'm watching it on a firestick. Also on that note if I watch the movie on my phone or tablet it runs better. It has to be with emby on the firestick. If it wasnt then my isp or baconfeet would be the issue

Palumbo68

I switched back to internal player and lowered bit rate to 5,in the 2nd episode of watching TV show with no freezing or buffering so far.

Larrytemple

It does that for a while for us too works great for a little while then back to buffering I'm not trying to place blame I just would like a solution. I love the service and I just want to be able to use it more.

• Like 1

Well certainly yes I would use the internal player. Using an external player is just going to add another variable that's out of our control.

• Like 1

Palumbo68

It could be as Luke alluded to is that BaconFeet servers get overwhelmed at times with users.

Larrytemple

Every time though? Iv messaged baconfeet when it happens and they say they do a test on there end and it comes back fine. Also when it happens on the firestick it doesnt happen on my phone or tablet.

• Like 1

Ok, unfortunately it is hard to troubleshoot these without server log information. I will let baconfeet know that these issue reports need to be submitted in conjunction with server log info. This can be done publicly or privately if preferred. Thanks.

Larrytemple

Can you tell me where I can find that at? Im not at home atm but when I do I'll send them just need a step by step where to find that at

It's baconfeet's server, so you won't have access to that. He'll have to get involved here to provide that. Thanks.

BaconFeet

Can you tell me where I can find that at? Im not at home atm but when I do I'll send them just need a step by step where to find that at

Let us know when you have a moment mate and we can pull logs from the server to send to Luke. 

Create a ticket at the site we know which server you're on. 

Edited by BaconFeet