Tagging merged TV movies

Azoroth87

Azoroth87

Hey all, 

I've been trying to figure this out for a bit. I have a couple TV miniseries that I've merged together as one movie. They are one movie but since IMDB lists them as a series I cannot get them to identify and tag the Metadata correctly. Is there a way to force the tag to go even if it is not a series? I don't really want it listed in my TV series collection. 

Worst case scenario... I have a program that I can tag the file itself. Is there a way to get it to simply not try to identify it and use the info tagged to the video file?

Thanks for any help.

Deathsquirrel

you'd still want to mane it as a TV show in this scenario if that's what all the metadata providers are calling it.

\MyMiniSeriesTitle S01E01-07.mkv would be the basic format.  You can do the same thing for 2-3 part TV episodes that are merged together on disc before you rip them.

Azoroth87

So, when originally released, there were released in 2 "episodes." It's the same movie just released as a TV special. So I just took them into an editing program and put the two parts together.

I did have a thought after posting my question though. I have the file in the 'movies' folder. Media type is marked and movies. So even if I go to imdb and get the tag number it doesn't find it. However, if I mark the media type as mixed, it should be able to use the info from a TV tag as well right?

Deathsquirrel

So, when originally released, there were released in 2 "episodes." It's the same movie just released as a TV special. So I just took them into an editing program and put the two parts together.

I did have a thought after posting my question though. I have the file in the 'movies' folder. Media type is marked and movies. So even if I go to imdb and get the tag number it doesn't find it. However, if I mark the media type as mixed, it should be able to use the info from a TV tag as well right?

I'd personally just move it to the tv library and set it up accordingly since that's what the metadata providers are expecting.  Still, from my very limited understanding of mixed type libraries, yes.

A tv series is best, unless MovieDb happens to have metadata for it as a movie. Please let us know if this helps. Thanks.

Azoroth87

What bothers me is that then it will be listed in my library as a TV show. Is there a way to simply use the embedded metadata on the file? I can manually change all of the metadata on emby. But then I'd have to do that every time I set up the server. 

Deathsquirrel

What bothers me is that then it will be listed in my library as a TV show. Is there a way to simply use the embedded metadata on the file? I can manually change all of the metadata on emby. But then I'd have to do that every time I set up the server. 

It IS a TV show.  Still, if you save your metadata with your media files it will stick as you put it.  Make it a movie manually and it will stay that way.