Emby for kodi not refreshing metadata correctly

CapitanMcFly

CapitanMcFly

Hi, I don't need any support, I am only reporting an issue (I don't know if this is the correct location to do this... If it's not, I'm sorry).

Let's start with the version numbers of my software:

Kodi version: 17.6

Add-on version: 3.0.34

Emby server version: 3.5.3.0

Let's continue with a little of context:

I have all my content stored in a NAS in which is installed the emby server app. I also have two devices (a raspberry pi and a Xiaomi mi box) running kodi with the 'Emby for kodi' add-on installed.

Furthermore, I have installed the Emby server plugin 'Auto Box Sets v1.1.3.0' (I don't know if it's relevant).

And now, the issue description:

The problem occurs when I reorganize the content on the NAS. I mean, if I move a folder inside of another folder, then the kodi library gets corrupt. I'm going to explain an use case to clarify:

• Having this structure on the NAS:

-content

-film collection

film 1

film 2

-FAVOURITES

• I want to reorganize it to the following structure:

-content

-FAVOURITES

-film collection

film 1

film 2

(Moving 'film collection' folder inside of 'FAVOURITES' folder)

• I rescan the library on Emby server for detecting the change.

• It is supposed to be transparent for Kodi library, which should show exactly the same as before reordering:

FILMS:

film collection <oOo> <- Inside, you should find the two films that compose the collection

• Instead, kodi library shows:

FILMS:

film collection <oOo> <- Inside, there are the two films that compose the collection (pointing to the correct files)

film 1 <- pointing to anywhere

film 2 <- pointing to anywhere

• If I try to look for the duplicated metadata on Emby server I get any success. This duplication seems that only occurs on Kodi library.
  • EDIT: I guess that rebooting raspberry pi (or xiaomi mi box) perform a full sync, but reboot don't solve the kodi library problem.

Another use case (NO ISSUE):

It doesn't occur when I move an isolated film inside of a folder (here the rescan doesn't corrupt kodi library), it only occurs when I move a folder inside of another folder.

"Solution":

To delete the corrupt content in kodi library, I have to follow these steps:

• Create again the original folder on my NAS (in the example above, the 'film collection' folder under 'content' folder) with fake empty files ('film 1' and 'film 2').
  • Rescan the library on Emby server.
  • Remove fake items manually from 'Metadata admin' on Emby server.

This way (and only this way), I get to remove corrupt data on Kodi library.

Finally I want to thank all of the team for this tool, it's awesome!

Edited by CapitanMcFly

CapitanMcFly

Thank you for your comment @@Luke. I think it is an issue because full sync don't solve the kodi library problem (I guess kodi reboot perform a full sync).

I have edited the OP to explain this.

• Like 1