Non standard “stop” command?

hstamas

hstamas

Does the app for Android TV not send out a standard “stop” command when you back out of a playing video using the back button (or a harmony remote using the stop button for that matter)?

I am using the webhooks plugin to control my Hue lights via IFTTT. When Emby reports a video has stopped, IFTTT turns on my living room lights. This works correctly in all other Emby clients I have tried (web, iOS, Kodi). It’s only the Android TV app that doesn’t work correctly. The video does stop playing and I see the video disappearing in the server dashboard but it doesn’t seem like a stop command is being issued?

Any idea why this might be and is there anyway to fix this? I’m using Emby for Kodi right now but for various other unrelated issues I’m trying to get back to using a native app for my Emby use.

Thanks for any help.

Happy holidays!

This is a known bug that @@ebr is aware of.

Actually, it isn't really as the app is issuing a stop and it is even reported in the server log.  I do not know why the notification is not being fired.

• Like 1

hstamas

Does the server dashboard activity log say that the app stopped playing?

Activity log does not indicate that playback has stopped @@Luke. It does show that playback started though.

@@ebr, it is firing for start and pause (2 other triggers I have set up). Stop is the only one not doing anything.

Log attached.

Emby log.txt

Edited by hstamas

hstamas

@@ebr & @@Luke screenshot attached of the dashboard activity log if it helps. Note the 4 most recent entries.

1. Launched Emby Android TV app

2. Selected user

3. Started playback

? Stopped playback using the back button on Shield remote - this is the only way to stop playback on a Shield.

4. Exited app

As you can see, the action of stopping is not being logged resulting in my webhook not being triggered.

I like how far the Android app has progressed so hoping this can be fixed easily.

post-45887-0-87431900-1545768719_thumb.jpeg

So this is the Emby Android TV app, or Emby for Kodi? It's a little hard to follow this log because I see activity from both. Is it possible to produce new example that doesn't contain activity from any other app? Thanks !

hstamas

Here you go @@Luke.

Nice clean log with only the Android TV session involved.

I do see "stop" commands just like @@ebr said there would be but again the activity log in the dashboard never shows this when using Android TV app but it does show a stop using any other app.

Thanks for you help guys.

embyserver.txt

hstamas

Are you saying playback stop from this app never shows up in the activity log, or only certain situations?

The activity log screen that I posted earlier NEVER shows that playback has ended when using the Android TV app. I believe Im using the beta. I think its supposed to say something like "Harry has finished watching..." when you stop? It never says this. Ive tried it on 3 different movies and a couple TV shows.

It DOES say this with every other Emby client I have at my disposal (web, IOS, Emby for Kodi).

Edited by hstamas

hstamas

Do you have music? Can you see how music compares? Thanks.

Im afraid I don't have a music library going @@Luke. Let me see if I cant get something thrown in there to test. 

Stand by

Edited by hstamas

hstamas

Music behaves the same way. Via Android TV app it reports playback start and pause but NOT stop.

IOS app functions as expected.

Music behaves the same way. Via Android TV app it reports playback start and pause but NOT stop.

You see a notification that someone paused music via the Android TV app?

• 2 weeks later...
hstamas

Actually, it isn't really as the app is issuing a stop and it is even reported in the server log.  I do not know why the notification is not being fired.

@@ebr, just wondering, have you've determine if this is in fact a recognized issue with the additional info I've provided above? I'd like to pick one client and stick with it.

Thanks