Write permission

Migrateddoor

Migrateddoor

How do I grant emby write permission to delete

.m3u music playlists I have alot and don't want to go through all my albums to delete a single m3u just to get it out of my music playlists category

Happy2Play

@@Luke

The UI throws a pop-up error and response 500 in log .  Tested on 3.6.0.80.

5c21462ccfbf5_access.jpg

2018-12-24 12:44:24.815 Info App: Deleting item, Type: Playlist, Name: 00-va-the_big_lebowski-ost-cd-flac-1998, Path: C:\Users\Media\Desktop\Videos\Music\Soundtracks\The Big Lebowski\00-va-the_big_lebowski-ost-cd-flac-1998.m3u, Id: 45471
2018-12-24 12:44:24.816 Debug App: Deleting path C:\Users\Media\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\programdata\metadata\library\7e\7e46b5f419470653744232dabf8f3b17
2018-12-24 12:44:24.816 Debug App: Deleting path C:\Users\Media\Desktop\Videos\Music\Soundtracks\The Big Lebowski\00-va-the_big_lebowski-ost-cd-flac-1998.m3u
2018-12-24 12:44:24.817 Info HttpServer: HTTP Response 500 to ::1. Time: 2ms. http://localhost:8096/emby/Items/45471
Edited by Happy2Play

Happy2Play

Well you can delete the mp3 track but you can not delete the m3u from the same folder.

• 2 weeks later...
notla49285

I've had this same issue in beta 3.6.0.84 when deleting a movie, seems to be random at the moment, if it happens again I'll take screenshot and server logs.

notla49285

I've got this issue on beta 3.6.0.84, trying to delete a series folder on the web app and I get the below:

5c35e04a33f72_Capture4.jpg

I can delete the folder from the server's file system without any issue (Windows 7 Pro 64-Bit).

Edit - I've pulled the below from the error log:

2019-01-09 11:51:01.871 Error HttpServer: Error processing request
	*** Error Report ***
	Version: 3.6.0.84
	Command line: C:\Users\XXXXXXXX\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\system\EmbyServer.dll -noautorunwebapp
	Operating system: Microsoft Windows NT 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1
	64-Bit OS: True
	64-Bit Process: True
	User Interactive: True
	Processor count: 8
	Program data path: C:\Users\XXXXXXXX\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\programdata
	Application directory: C:\Users\XXXXXXXX\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\system
	System.UnauthorizedAccessException: System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path 'Blackadder - S00E02 - The Cavalier Years.avi' is denied.
	   at System.IO.FileSystem.RemoveDirectoryRecursive(String fullPath, WIN32_FIND_DATA& findData, Boolean topLevel)
	   at System.IO.FileSystem.RemoveDirectory(String fullPath, Boolean recursive)
	   at System.IO.Directory.Delete(String path, Boolean recursive)
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.IO.ManagedFileSystem.DeleteDirectory(String path, Boolean recursive)
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.Library.LibraryManager.DeleteItem(BaseItem item, DeleteOptions options, BaseItem parent, Boolean notifyParentItem)
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.Library.LibraryManager.DeleteItem(BaseItem item, DeleteOptions options, Boolean notifyParentItem)
	   at MediaBrowser.Api.Library.LibraryService.Delete(DeleteItems request)
	   at MediaBrowser.Api.Library.LibraryService.Delete(DeleteItem request)
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.Services.ServiceExecGeneral.<>c__DisplayClass5_0.<CreateExecFn>b__0(Object service, Object request)
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.Services.ServiceExecGeneral.Execute(Type serviceType, IRequest request, Object instance, Object requestDto, String requestName)
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.Services.ServiceController.Execute(HttpListenerHost appHost, Object requestDto, IRequest req)
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.Services.ServiceHandler.ProcessRequestAsync(HttpListenerHost appHost, IRequest httpReq, IResponse httpRes, ILogger logger, String operationName, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.HttpServer.HttpListenerHost.RequestHandler(IRequest httpReq, String urlString, String host, String localPath, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	Source: System.IO.FileSystem
	TargetSite: Void RemoveDirectoryRecursive(System.String, WIN32_FIND_DATA ByRef, Boolean)
	   at System.IO.FileSystem.RemoveDirectoryRecursive(String fullPath, WIN32_FIND_DATA& findData, Boolean topLevel)
	   at System.IO.FileSystem.RemoveDirectory(String fullPath, Boolean recursive)
	   at System.IO.Directory.Delete(String path, Boolean recursive)
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.IO.ManagedFileSystem.DeleteDirectory(String path, Boolean recursive)
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.Library.LibraryManager.DeleteItem(BaseItem item, DeleteOptions options, BaseItem parent, Boolean notifyParentItem)
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.Library.LibraryManager.DeleteItem(BaseItem item, DeleteOptions options, Boolean notifyParentItem)
	   at MediaBrowser.Api.Library.LibraryService.Delete(DeleteItems request)
	   at MediaBrowser.Api.Library.LibraryService.Delete(DeleteItem request)
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.Services.ServiceExecGeneral.<>c__DisplayClass5_0.<CreateExecFn>b__0(Object service, Object request)
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.Services.ServiceExecGeneral.Execute(Type serviceType, IRequest request, Object instance, Object requestDto, String requestName)
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.Services.ServiceController.Execute(HttpListenerHost appHost, Object requestDto, IRequest req)
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.Services.ServiceHandler.ProcessRequestAsync(HttpListenerHost appHost, IRequest httpReq, IResponse httpRes, ILogger logger, String operationName, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.HttpServer.HttpListenerHost.RequestHandler(IRequest httpReq, String urlString, String host, String localPath, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
Edited by notla49285

Just because you can delete doesn't mean the server process can.  It is also possible that some other process (could be an Explorer window or video player or...) is holding a lock on the file or directory.  Try rebooting the machine.

notla49285

Just because you can delete doesn't mean the server process can.  It is also possible that some other process (could be an Explorer window or video player or...) is holding a lock on the file or directory.  Try rebooting the machine.

I happen to have rebooted it this morning (after trying to delete this) for something else, just tried again and still got the same issue.

Is your server running as a service?

The log line definitely indicates this is a system level issue.

notla49285

Is your server running as a service?

The log line definitely indicates this is a system level issue.

Doesn't seem to be running as a service, I'm looking through the Emby Wiki on how to do this now and will report back.

Doesn't seem to be running as a service, I'm looking through the Emby Wiki on how to do this now and will report back.

No, do not set it up as a service if it wasn't.  If it were a service, then there is additional setup required for these permissions.

Make sure that file isn't marked read only...

notla49285

Make sure that file isn't marked read only...

*ahem* problem has now been resolved (side note though, when deleting media/series on the web app the series list doesn't refresh to remove it from the list - not a major issue for me but may be confusing for users).

Out of interest, does Emby have any control over setting read only status of files? I've discovered quite a few files on my server are set as read only, or would this have been pre-existing and Emby just goes with it?

Emby does not modify your media files but we will respect their attributes like this read-only flag.

Glad you figured it out.

• Like 1