Add user error

miniz98

miniz98

Hey I'm getting this error when trying to add my username for emby connect under a new user account I'm creating for the kids.

2018-12-23 20:32:21.739 Info HttpClient: GET https://connect.emby.media/service/user?nameOrEmail=miniz98
2018-12-23 20:32:22.081 Error HttpServer: Error processing request

post-227191-0-25365800-1545615332_thumb.png

Edited by miniz98

miniz98

Yeah well I don't like posting my log file. It has everything a hacker would love to see in it. Includes everything. Have you ever looked?!?

miniz98

I used username miniz98 and the name was going to be Guest. I recently renewed for perpetual license. Not sure if that's why?

Edited by miniz98

miniz98

Im trying to add a user so i can share with a family member. So im doing it wrong i guess?

Or do they still log in emby connect with my account user name? the click guest?

Edited by miniz98

miniz98

Ok so i see that i can log into guest if on local ip address. If i try connecting from emby.media it doesnt give me the option for guest just home. you can only use one account to log in from the internet?

miniz98

my home account is linked to my email address and i want my guest account linked to my email address. why cant that be done? How to people share a account with a different user name over the internet?