topdavis

topdavis

Emby App Version - 3.0.26

Emby Server Version (Windows) - 3.5.3.0

Samsung Phone Model - SM-N950U1

Android Version - 8.0.0

Samsung TV Model - UN60J6200

Samsung TV Firmware Version - 1103.2

The Emby Android App no longer finds my television to cast itself to anymore.  I noticed this a couple of days ago.  It was streaming fine I believe until a phone OS upgrade, but I can not be 100% sure on that part.  Other applications such as Youtube and the phones built in player find the TV successfully and stream without issue.  The Emby App now will show a list of all devices it finds EXCEPT the television when the casting icon is selected.  Oddly, before this stopped working, hitting the casting icon would send the screen directly to the TV without providing a list of other devices as it does now.

I've searched all settings I could find on the phone and even other applications, but nothing seems to give the Emby app the ability to cast itself on the television.  Again, this was working perfectly up until 12/15/18.

I would use the Emby App for the Samsung Television natively, but the Television App just freezes when trying to open any videos through the television app.  This has always happened, so I just uninstalled it because I could cast Emby from my phone before the current issue.  Any ideas or suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Did you check the TV settings to see if this is allowed? On some Samsung models you have to enable a setting to allow casting. Thanks.

topdavis

Casting is allowed.  Other applications can cast to the tv, such as Youtube and the native video player.  Screen mirroring works as well, but hitting the Emby cast icon doesn't list the television at all.

topdavis

Is there anyway to rollback to version 3.5.2.0.  That version seemed to work well for me.  Now the Emby App on the Samsung TV won't play anything.  When something is selected, it just spins and spins on the screen.  Mobile devices still work and pc's, but the TV has stopped working along with the screen casting now.  The problems SEEM to correlate with the server upgrade.  Thanks.

There's no difference in this regard between 3.5.2 and 3.5.3. What you could try though is updating to the 3.6 beta.

This will resolve the spinning wheel in the Samsung app as well. Thanks.

topdavis

I tried the beta and could not get it to start at all.  It installed and the server started, but I could not connect locally, much less with any other device.  I'll just restore back to 3.5.3.0.

There is a database upgrade when you first install the beta. You probably just need to give it a little time to allow that to finish. Thanks.

topdavis

After upgrading the phone app to 3.0.27, the screen casting works again.  I'll just cast from my phone to the TV until the TV native program starts working again. When the new server version becomes a General Release, I'll upgrade and try again.  Thanks for the help and suggestions!